Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-24-2022, 08:57 PM   #201

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayLo View Post
I believe that is called JayCommand. Some dealers order with it, some dont. Mine did not come with. I have a 171BH. I really like our camper. I had to tighten nearly every screw and re fasten a lot of things that were peeling away or falling off (but nothing super serious), had to rewire the solar as the connections Jayco did up on the roof under the solar port were CRAZY bad (but again, easy fix and I have never had a trailer). When you pull one of these up next to another trailer, you wont buy anything else. Maybe a RockPro Minlite, but thats it. Oh, I did have to re caulk the entire trailer (gaps everywhere), but that was only 2 hours of my life (small trailers rule) and I feel better, lol. I also flex sealed every screw on the outside. I love that they screwed down SO MUCH of the exterior trim, but those are all penetrations, so I hit them ALL with clear flex seal.
Where specifically did you re-caulk? Windows, and did you experience leaky windows during rain?
leighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 08:59 PM   #202

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJH View Post
Thanks. We travel with a cat and dog. I am trying to plan for where to locate a litter box. On campers with a dinette, I would use the storage under one bench. I'm not sure on this 166FBS. I had hoped under the sofa would work, but I guess not. I may use part of the front storage area under the bed.
If you don't need the outdoor fridge, I'd make an access panel from the interior there. Cleaning out the litter is easy via the outdoor panel too.
leighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 09:06 PM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighton View Post
Where specifically did you re-caulk? Windows, and did you experience leaky windows during rain?
I just did everything I could get my hands on the outside. Top and sides of windows, not bottom. No leaks at all whatsoever and it has DUMPED!
JayLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 06:31 AM   #204

Drawers

Anybody elses drawers under TV end up like this? Fine craftsmanship! (at least they stay closed)
Attached Thumbnails
20220826_081729.jpg  
Forester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2022, 07:40 AM   #205

We have the four smaller drawers in that location and have not had any issues at all. Just the drawers under the stove/sink are the ones we have seen loose/missing screws and the janky way they attached the slides. (one single mount in the middle allowing the slides to tilt etc) But none of the drawers have never done what your picture shows.
Old 08-26-2022, 07:44 AM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester2 View Post
Anybody elses drawers under TV end up like this? Fine craftsmanship! (at least they stay closed)
Is that how the drawers were when you picked it up or they ended up like that?
Old 08-26-2022, 07:55 AM   #207

When I got back from trip. Also found tear in lower slide seal by roller. Slide has been used very little. Recommend others looks as well.
Old 08-26-2022, 08:08 AM   #208

I will have to look at the seal again, if I remember correctly ours has some cutouts or slits by the rollers. I dont believe those have become any larger and we have opened and closed hundreds of times. I will say, I am glad our slide mechanism is so simple with the single track on the bottom. Nothing to sync with multiple tracks or cables.
Old 08-26-2022, 09:18 AM   #209

I can see where there SHOULD have been cutouts by rollers but since there were'nt roller on left must have caught seal and ripped it. FYI: after 6 weeks on road still love 12v fridge and disappointed with WFCO AD. Will call WFCO to get explanation on slow generator charging thru converter.
Old 09-28-2022, 07:55 AM   #210

Have my lower seal scheduled to be replaced next week. If anyone has a photo of cutout or slits by those slide roller I'd like to share them with the dealer. Makes perfect sense to me that they'd be there.
Old 11-03-2022, 10:26 AM   #211

Hey all been awhile since I posted. Going to winterize my RV today. I havent used it in two months and last trip I thoroughly drained the tanks including fresh water. Other than changing valve positions and adding the pink stuff, anything I should do as prep?

Also, how many gallons of the pink stuff do you normally pour down: Toilet, shower and sink? Thanks for the help you guys always rock.
RV_for_donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 10:42 AM   #212

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_for_donuts View Post
Hey all been awhile since I posted. Going to winterize my RV today. I havent used it in two months and last trip I thoroughly drained the tanks including fresh water. Other than changing valve positions and adding the pink stuff, anything I should do as prep?

Also, how many gallons of the pink stuff do you normally pour down: Toilet, shower and sink? Thanks for the help you guys always rock.
There was a pretty good thread just recently on winterizing — it might be of help… https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...eze-98593.html
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 10:58 AM   #213

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
There was a pretty good thread just recently on winterizing — it might be of help… https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...eze-98593.html
Great thread thanks for sharing
RV_for_donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 07:20 PM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_for_donuts View Post

If you have a micro, the answer is 3 gallons, but 4 incase you run things longer than I do.
JayLo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 08:32 PM   #215

When I winterized my trailer today I used most of 1 gallon, about a pint each for the kitchen sink, lavatory and shower traps and a quart down the toilet. Plus about a cup in the toilet bowl to keep the seal from drying out.

I used my air compressor to evacuate water from the plumbing lines, so no antifreeze used there.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 07:18 AM   #216

Everyone is winterizing and we are getting ready to really use ours in South Florida as the temperatures will slowly fall...
BlackDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 07:41 AM   #217

Ditto to BlackDiamond, here in AZ were headed up to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon for some nice cool hiking!
Old 11-12-2022, 03:24 PM   #218

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forester2 View Post
This weekends project.
That came with 166?
RonHayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2023, 08:04 PM   #219

Any chance I can get the electrical diagram for the 166fbs from you?

Thanks
Broncoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 03:46 PM   #220

Just wondered if anyone has figure a good way to mount a bike rack?