Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-15-2018, 10:12 AM   #1

JayFlight 28BHBE Bunk Air

The lower bunk of the 28BHBE doesn't have a vent & is very warm with the small opening & the water heater below. We turn the water heater off a couple hours before bed & I put in a fan but it just circulates the hot air. Has anyone found a good solution to cool the lower bunk? Description & pics would be great.
njburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 10:54 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to Carlosrod Send a message via MSN to Carlosrod Send a message via Yahoo to Carlosrod
Unlike you, I don't have the HW heater under the bunks. But I do have the small fridge to the outside kitchen that also puts out a lot of heat.

I find that the bunk room air is manageable when I leave the outside kitchen open but when not, I use a Holmes 8 inch circulating fan and it does the trick of moving air around.

Probably the only hiccup/complaint I have about our unit. Aside from the fact that it runs out of beer quite often. Have to find a better solution for that.

I don't have a PhD, but my DD-214 is worth much more.

Live, so that when your children hear the words “Ethics,” “Integrity,” “Honor” or “Trust,” they think of You!
Carlosrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 11:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlosrod View Post
Unlike you, I don't have the HW heater under the bunks. But I do have the small fridge to the outside kitchen that also puts out a lot of heat.

I find that the bunk room air is manageable when I leave the outside kitchen open but when not, I use a Holmes 8 inch circulating fan and it does the trick of moving air around.

Probably the only hiccup/complaint I have about our unit. Aside from the fact that it runs out of beer quite often. Have to find a better solution for that.
Less food in the cooler and more beverage. It's been shown that you can survive days without food but you have to have liquids. Just a thought for what it's worth
Old 08-15-2018, 11:50 AM   #4

Send a message via AIM to Carlosrod Send a message via MSN to Carlosrod Send a message via Yahoo to Carlosrod
Lol
totally true!!!!!

I don't have a PhD, but my DD-214 is worth much more.

Live, so that when your children hear the words “Ethics,” “Integrity,” “Honor” or “Trust,” they think of You!
Carlosrod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
28bhbe