Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-12-2023, 11:19 AM   #1

Leaky kitchen sink faucet

Hi there,
We have felt the faucet has leaked over the last two seasons. However with water shut off at the faucet handle it didn’t leak . So was it our wet hands ?

Just wrapped an Oregon trip. It’s officially leaking constantly with very small drips .
I use an expensive water pressure gauge .. it was correctly set at 45 psi

Anyone had this issue ? 2019 white hawk. Well taken care of. Seems every trip something fails .. thoughts ? Replacement or repair advice ?
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 11:52 AM   #2

The faucets that come with the camper are typically cheap plastic mechanicals that are not worth repairing. You can use most any faucet you like from a home center big box store. The kitchens are usually 8 inch and the bathrooms are 4 inch. Just match your countertop hole configuration and you will be good to go.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2023, 04:59 PM   #3

Thank you … this really helps .. with this being a newer unit it has 1/2 “ Pex hose .. which is great .. been thinking of buying the I Crimp set and add water shut offs to the water lines .. Don’t want to deal with this again .. Have you seen others do this ?
Old 05-13-2023, 05:55 PM   #4

We have had the same problem from brand new. The kitchen faucet dripped every so often which more than just annoying because I made a wood cover for the sink. If the cover is off it is no big deal but if it is on the drips collect on top or anything that I put on top.

I had this taken care of during the initial warranty service for the many little issues that needed taking care of from new. The faucet was changed for (another) new one and it drips just the same. I contacted Jayco and they just said to take it back in for another replacement but I know it will be replaced with the exact same one and I don't have much confidence in it.

It's very easy to replace faucets so I will probably just change it out myself for a decent one.
FISTEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 06:34 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimfurl View Post
Thank you … this really helps .. with this being a newer unit it has 1/2 “ Pex hose .. which is great .. been thinking of buying the I Crimp set and add water shut offs to the water lines .. Don’t want to deal with this again .. Have you seen others do this ?
Every time I replace a fixture I add shut offs. I don't understand why they are not standard. Well, I do understand it's cost related but they should at least be an option...
Old 05-13-2023, 06:40 PM   #6

Use these shark bite faucets connectors. Makes the job easier. It’s hard to get those crimp tools in tight places

SharkBite 24657A Faucet Connector... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07611TLFQ?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
ggilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 10:59 PM   #7

Thank you for your comments .

We missed this leak issue with our initial return for repairs , as other issues sure had my attention

So .. it was replaced and the new one leaks ? That’s sad ..
Okay , well I will be doing as suggested earlier .. removing and replacing the faucet ..
have a good night
Old 05-17-2023, 10:58 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimfurl View Post
Thank you for your comments .

We missed this leak issue with our initial return for repairs , as other issues sure had my attention

So .. it was replaced and the new one leaks ? That’s sad ..
Okay , well I will be doing as suggested earlier .. removing and replacing the faucet ..
have a good night
I have a service appointment in two weeks to look at the faucet again and they will either tell me it is my imagination or replace it with another of the same crummy units.

I wouldn't bother but I also have a problem (from brand new) with the bathtub taps. It seems that when filling the tub, water leaks out somewhere behind the taps and drips down the water lines. Water pools under the tub which can be seen through the little access panel and in the cupboard under the fridge which is open to the back of the taps.
They couldn't find the leak last time they looked and since the trailer is new and we haven't really used the tub, I couldn't describe what was occurring and the back of the taps are not visible.

We shall see what they come up with but it has to be fixed.
Old 05-26-2023, 12:34 PM   #9

I had a hard time finding a metal faucet on an 8" center. Kitchen faucets at Lowes were all on 10" centers. The plastic faucets for RVs are a joke - we bought one from Amazon and the threaded fittings could not be tightened enough to hold water pressure.

I found this site webstaurantstore.com and they had a nice selection of all metal faucets. Shipping was a little steep but worth it. I got the Regency Deck Mount Faucet with 8" Swing Spout and 8" Centers #600FD88LL $25 list plus another $24 for shipping and tax. Excellent quality and no leaks.
Banjo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 02:27 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo1 View Post
I had a hard time finding a metal faucet on an 8" center. Kitchen faucets at Lowes were all on 10" centers. The plastic faucets for RVs are a joke - we bought one from Amazon and the threaded fittings could not be tightened enough to hold water pressure.

I found this site webstaurantstore.com and they had a nice selection of all metal faucets. Shipping was a little steep but worth it. I got the Regency Deck Mount Faucet with 8" Swing Spout and 8" Centers #600FD88LL $25 list plus another $24 for shipping and tax. Excellent quality and no leaks.
Wow, I don't know where you are looking at kitchen faucets, but the standard residential kitchen faucet is 8" center span. Bath faucets are 4" center span.

A decent Delta faucet will run you about $60 to $80 from the big box stores, and they have the brass inlet stems.
Delta are also very easy to get parts for and easy to completely rebuild.
I work for a property management company and we will always try to replace bad faucets with Delta faucets. After that, it takes about 20 minutes to rebuild when there is a problem.
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2023, 04:26 PM   #11

I got Delta and peerless metal faucets for my camper on eBay. New u it’s that I think were warrant replacement units. Standard faucets fit my camper just fine.
Old 05-27-2023, 04:49 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggilbert View Post
I got Delta and peerless metal faucets for my camper on eBay. New u it’s that I think were warrant replacement units. Standard faucets fit my camper just fine.
And, the good thing is, the Peerless uses the Delta design and the Delta parts fit the Peerless faucets.
stinger608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2023, 07:05 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISTEP View Post
I have a service appointment in two weeks to look at the faucet again and they will either tell me it is my imagination or replace it with another of the same crummy units.

I wouldn't bother but I also have a problem (from brand new) with the bathtub taps. It seems that when filling the tub, water leaks out somewhere behind the taps and drips down the water lines. Water pools under the tub which can be seen through the little access panel and in the cupboard under the fridge which is open to the back of the taps.
They couldn't find the leak last time they looked and since the trailer is new and we haven't really used the tub, I couldn't describe what was occurring and the back of the taps are not visible.

We shall see what they come up with but it has to be fixed.

Update:

Before I took the trailer in, I left the water pump on with the faucet turned off and put a dry paper towel under the faucet. An hour and a half later at the dealership, the paper towel was soaked and I showed the service manager.

Yesterday, they said the trailer was ready to pick up. They found the leak behind the tub and say they fixed it but they did not think the kitchen faucet was leaking so they want $115 since there wasn't a problem, the investigation isn't covered by warranty. They know that they had to replace the last faucet because it was faulty and leaked in exactly the same way, but they don't think it is happening with the replacement. The drips and the wet paper towel must be my imagination. I bought the trailer 6 months ago.

So, not only did they not fix the problem, they want to charge me for not fixing it. I am really disappointed that I have to go there and try to demonstrate the problem, argue that I am not paying, or cut my losses, pay the $115 and leave extremely ticked off.

And I still have to buy a new faucet and fix it on my own. Grrr!
Old 06-08-2023, 01:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by FISTEP View Post
Update:

Before I took the trailer in, I left the water pump on with the faucet turned off and put a dry paper towel under the faucet. An hour and a half later at the dealership, the paper towel was soaked and I showed the service manager.

Yesterday, they said the trailer was ready to pick up. They found the leak behind the tub and say they fixed it but they did not think the kitchen faucet was leaking so they want $115 since there wasn't a problem, the investigation isn't covered by warranty. They know that they had to replace the last faucet because it was faulty and leaked in exactly the same way, but they don't think it is happening with the replacement. The drips and the wet paper towel must be my imagination. I bought the trailer 6 months ago.

So, not only did they not fix the problem, they want to charge me for not fixing it. I am really disappointed that I have to go there and try to demonstrate the problem, argue that I am not paying, or cut my losses, pay the $115 and leave extremely ticked off.

And I still have to buy a new faucet and fix it on my own. Grrr!
This is exactly why I don't bring my RV back for warranty (or any) service. If you can fix it yourself you are so much better off...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Old 06-08-2023, 02:13 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
This is exactly why I don't bring my RV back for warranty (or any) service. If you can fix it yourself you are so much better off...
I know you are right, but I resent the heck out of letting them off the hook. This is supposed to be why we pay the extra bucks to get a new trailer.
Old 06-09-2023, 07:19 AM   #16

Car warranties are just as bad. I had a squeak seat in my Camry dealer said if we cant find or hear the squeak we are going to charge you $150 diagnostics fee. Car had less the 15k on it. I go back to pick it up and they said we couldn't find the squeak. I made them bring the mechanics out 3 of them and had my wife show them the seat squeaked. all 3 heard it. You know they didn't even try to find the noise. Pissed me off waiting 4 hours driving back and fourth to dealership. they ha to replace the seat frame it was not welded together in all the places it was supposed to be welded. there was no apology or reinvestments for my time that they would have charged me $150 for it the case was revered. There is no pride in build quality or service anymore.
Old 06-11-2023, 01:01 PM   #17

I found multiple replacement faucets at E-TRAILER.COM

However now I am seeing that the screw heads mounted into the original faucets underside faucet plate ring ? Are square with notches in the corners ? Are these Posi Heads ?

I now see these used in various areas of my white hawk.. where does one find a bit or driver for these screws? I have been at OSH…. None
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote