Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-01-2018, 06:26 AM   #1

Lighting.. which switch controls what?

Hey Everyone,
I have been lurking around for a while here - great forum.. TONS of information.
I have a 2017 Jayco 26BH the switch panel inside the door has the standard setup awning switch, single switch, and 2 bank switch.
I know that one controls the outdoor (factory installed) awning leds, the other switch in the bank controls the "master" light switch. what does the individual switch control?
As well the 2 light pods over the kitchen sink I cannot get to turn on? they are "hard wired in" i.e. there are no push button switches on them. how do I turn these lights on.
crackehr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:13 AM   #2

It's the Jayco RV emergency destruct switch. Do NOT touch that switch! These switches have been mandated by Homeland Security in case a terrorist tries to steal your RV to use it as a hideout or weapon. Only as a last measure to prevent that do you flip that switch. Don't play with that switch.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:16 AM   #3

Could that individual switch control the water pump?
wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:46 AM   #4

I have a '17, 26BH. I'm not on it right now, so I'll try to do this from memory.

At the bottom of the panel are the three red switches for water pump, gas water heater, and electric water heater.

Above are:
awning
outside LED & step light
master switch for some of the ceiling lights
light for the two lights over the kitchen sink.

If your kitchen lights aren't going on with one of the three, black switches, someone must've goofed on the wiring.
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 07:57 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamese View Post
I have a '17, 26BH. I'm not on it right now, so I'll try to do this from memory.

At the bottom of the panel are the three red switches for water pump, gas water heater, and electric water heater.

Above are:
awning
outside LED & step light
master switch for some of the ceiling lights
light for the two lights over the kitchen sink.

If your kitchen lights aren't going on with one of the three, black switches, someone must've goofed on the wiring.
That is what I thought.. these worked perfectly last season, but I have not been able to get them to turn on this season... I looked at the fuses and did not see a burned out one. the panel throws a led light beside the fuse that is not working (or at least that is what I am looking for).
Do any one have a fuse number for the specific one that controls the over sink lights
Old 08-01-2018, 08:31 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackehr View Post
That is what I thought.. these worked perfectly last season, but I have not been able to get them to turn on this season... I looked at the fuses and did not see a burned out one. the panel throws a led light beside the fuse that is not working (or at least that is what I am looking for).
Do any one have a fuse number for the specific one that controls the over sink lights
If they worked last season, then they must be wired correctly. The fuse panel should be labeled for what each fuse is for, but yes, a blown fuse should have a red indicator light. I would manually check them ALL.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:27 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloco View Post
If they worked last season, then they must be wired correctly. The fuse panel should be labeled for what each fuse is for, but yes, a blown fuse should have a red indicator light. I would manually check them ALL.
would the fuse still be the culprit regardless of being plugged into shore power or not? This problem is the same whether I am on shore or battery.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:44 AM   #8

Breaking News!

Large explosion has occurred in Caledon, Ontario, Canada. Law enforcement and Homeland Security are investigating the cause.

I told you not to touch that switch .

O.k., attempt at humor over. The three switches are as mentioned, water pump, water heater propane, water heater electric.

You are correct that if a fuse blows the red LED next to the blown fuse would light up letting you know the fuse blew. You should also take a look at the water pump and check that all the electrical connections are secure. On my last trailer the vibration and bumps of traveling disconnected one off the leads and when you flipped the switch nothing happened. While investigating the cause I found that one of the connectors was disconnected. Off course it was the one in a place you couldn't actually see the connection but I happened to touch the wire and found it was disconnected.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
Old 08-01-2018, 09:49 AM   #9

Quote:
would the fuse still be the culprit regardless of being plugged into shore power or not? This problem is the same whether I am on shore or battery.
Yes, a blown fuse could be the culprit regardless of whether you're hooked up to shore power or running off the battery.

That said, even if the LED next to that fuse isn't lit, you might want to pull the fuse anyway and check that the fuse element is intact as a final check to eliminate the fuse as the issue.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
Old 08-01-2018, 09:49 AM   #10

Quote:
Hey Everyone,
I have been lurking around for a while here - great forum.. TONS of information.
I have a 2017 Jayco 26BH the switch panel inside the door has the standard setup awning switch, single switch, and 2 bank switch.
I know that one controls the outdoor (factory installed) awning leds, the other switch in the bank controls the "master" light switch. what does the individual switch control?
As well the 2 light pods over the kitchen sink I cannot get to turn on? they are "hard wired in" i.e. there are no push button switches on them. how do I turn these lights on.
My "other" light switch controls a light on the hook up side of the camper over where the water and sewer hook ups are located. Took me a while to even notice that light as it is a dim orange covered light and not visible from the door/awning side of the camper.

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 10:03 AM   #11

Lmao!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2edgesword View Post
it's the jayco rv emergency destruct switch. Do not touch that switch! These switches have been mandated by homeland security in case a terrorist tries to steal your rv to use it as a hideout or weapon. Only as a last measure to prevent that do you flip that switch. Don't play with that switch.