Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-16-2020, 11:08 AM   #1

Long scratches a problem?

Hi everyone,

Just got my 2018 212QBW Jay flight back from warranty repairs because front was leaking when I drove through rain. There was enough water damage that front had to be taken off, etc. The RV place I go to is usually really good. I trust them.

However I looked a little closer at edge today and noticed top panel, which doesn’t look like it came off, has some long scratches through the paint. Doesn’t look like it goes right through the metal but nevertheless they weren’t there before. With camping season hopefully starting up soon I dread bringing it back. Do I have to worry about these or can I do something to protect the scratches?

Also new decal isn’t down flat at top edges. Is there a way for me to secure that so it doesn’t peal off. I’m just so done with having to constantly get trailer repaired since I bought it.

I don’t take it to dealer anymore because they basically thought I was nuts and wouldn’t take front off to look for water damage the first summer I had it.

Any thoughts are appreciated
Candy
Candy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 11:19 AM   #2

Your comment doesn't tell if you made notice at the place you had work done as you picked up your unit, but clearly you should talk to the service manager or owner about your finding.

I'll pass this along that I was advised more years ago than I can recall (as in the days of Polaroid Instant cameras) ... any time you drop off a car (RV, boat, motorcycle, etc) for repairs, take pictures before the drop off. They come in handy in situations like this and with the phones having better abilities to log those pictures, you are in a better position to discuss.

Good luck.
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 11:56 AM   #3

Based on my luck with decals if it isn't on right on any edge it will gradually come off. I would ask for a new one to be installed.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote