Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2021, 10:09 AM   #21

Morryde step above thread

Not a fan of the morryde steps. Here's a link to recent thread regarding problems and a few solutions.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ate-87917.html
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 02:04 PM   #22

Yes, I had the problem with my 2020 272BROK Eagle. After making all the adjustments the dealer could. They finally received authorization to replace it and the problem was fixed. The problem for me was that the door was very hard to close. And it was rubbing on the bottom on the inside and outer inside part of the door.

Hope this helps!
Randyp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2021, 04:50 PM   #23

The problem is established. The fix could be one of three (actually four) things.

Buy a shorter set of steps...MORryde or other brand and replace these. Yes, it's not fair, but the retail value of the steps is about $350 or so. You could bite the bullet and replace them.

A circular saw with what used to be called a "carborundum" blade would make short work of cutting off one step. Make the cut, use a mini-grinder to clean up the rough edges, paint. Then drill holes to match the originals to enable you to use the pins on the legs (and paint)...which you'll need if you take 4 to 6 inches off the legs. Buy a couple of blades, because you'll probably consume at least one or two.

Submit a warranty claim and wait. And wait. And wait. And then surrender your rig for weeks or months while they get around to it.

When I bought my rig, it came with conventional slide away steps...just two. I wanted to upgraed to the MORryde step, because I boondock a lot, and conventional steps hang down in harm's way. The MORrydes' fold up out of harm's way when going over rough terrain (I've been 1/2 mile down an ATV trail with mine. When I asked what size to buy, they had a standard formula to determine how many steps. They measure from the gound to the threshold, and a MORryde chart said mine called for 3 steps. (Yours probably did, too.) But they ARE a bit long, and I often need to remove the legs entirely on level ground. On the flip side, when boondocking on lake shores, there is ALWAYS a slope from the road side to the curb side, and I need to lift the rig, so invariably I need to extend the legs. In those cases, two steps would not be enough, and the extension legs would not be long enough. So a lot depends on your habits.

If you're an RV park camper, replace or cut your steps. If you're into a mix of "resorts" and dispersed camping, consider one other alternative. While unlikely, if you look under your rig, you may see the frame attachment structure for conventional steps. You could replace your MORrydes with regular old RV steps, and you could buy an adjustable "stool" step for when you need another step. I have one of these that's almost brand new from my previous rig. And I have a brand new set of aluminum conventional steps I took off my current rig and replace with the MORrydes.

Again, not fair, but you have options if you're willing to do a bit of work or throw a relatively small amount of money at it.
jimmoore13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 02:52 PM   #24

Torklift Glowstep Revolution Uprising

Hey all! I wanted to update you all on my issue with my steps. I was having horrible trouble with the Step Above steps on our Jayfeather. You had to make 100% sure the ground was sloped away from the trailer or the ground was perfectly level or you had put blocks under the tires so the door would shut with the steps out.
Well, I put on Torklift International Glowstep Revolution Uprising steps and let me tell you these steps are 100 times better than the Step Above steps. I don't have to worry about the door closing issue. There are so many adjustments you can make with these steps to match the terrain that I will never have to worry about that stupid door again. They are super sturdy, just as sturdy as the Step Above steps we had before (that was the only good thing about the Step Above steps). I highly recommend replacing your steps over this off season.
Travis H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 03:25 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis H View Post
Hey all! I wanted to update you all on my issue with my steps. I was having horrible trouble with the Step Above steps on our Jayfeather. You had to make 100% sure the ground was sloped away from the trailer or the ground was perfectly level or you had put blocks under the tires so the door would shut with the steps out.
Well, I put on Torklift International Glowstep Revolution Uprising steps and let me tell you these steps are 100 times better than the Step Above steps. I don't have to worry about the door closing issue. There are so many adjustments you can make with these steps to match the terrain that I will never have to worry about that stupid door again. They are super sturdy, just as sturdy as the Step Above steps we had before (that was the only good thing about the Step Above steps). I highly recommend replacing your steps over this off season.
Those are pretty nifty… JD from BTBRV had some of those he installed on his last rig if I recall correctly.
Furrion Vision S 7” Rear and Side View Cameras
2021JayFlight28BHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 03:36 PM   #26

I installed the older Torklift below door steps mid 2017. They have been flawless. Best of all, the Bride loves ‘em. The bolts have needed adjusting once to remove a little looseness in the folding mechanism. Owners manual shows how. Wouldn’t trade them for anything.

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote