Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-14-2017, 06:19 AM   #1

New questions concerning 23RB

Does anyone know the dimensions of the dinette and the sofa? I haven't seen the dimensions in any literature concerning the 23RB.

Question concerning the 2015 model 23RB. I've noticed the spare tire is mounted underneath the trailer a little forward of amid ship. If anyone has the 2015 model, does that spare location cause any problems, such as hitting objects, etc. If I should ever get a used 2015 I'd probably consider getting a bumper mount kit and move the spare to the bumper.

Thanks

Erroll
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 06:27 AM   #2

I had a 2015 23RB. The spare tire being underneath never caused any problems but I remember thinking I'd hate to have to crawl under there and get it if I needed it.

The sofa is small, me and wife sitting on it at the same time didn't leave any extra space and we're not wide people. The one sitting nearest the wall has their knees rammed into the kitchen counter.
4 people sitting at the dinette and it's packed, and if made into a bed only a child could use it, but that's how most booth dinettes are.

I took it on 3 camping trips with my wife and our lab, and lived in it at work for a month, it was just too small for us. My feet hung off the end of the bed and that was uncomfortable for me. We had to get rid of it for something bigger.
2016 Sunset Trail Super Lite ST250RB for sale
Next unit: Jayco Eagle 336fbok
FishAr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 06:35 AM   #3

I have the 15 year model with the spare underneath. I like it there and have been in quiet a few places boondocking and in campgrounds with never a problem. It just stays there and doesn't bounce around like if it was on the back bumper. Sorry I didn't go measure the sofa or dinette but either one serves as a bed for a medium size person. A tall person would be cramped for space.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:54 AM   #4

Do you find you have enough room? I'm thinking my wife and I will be fine in it.

Whether it's a used 2015 or a new 2017, this will be the last trailer I get,
assuming it doesn't get destroyed in some manner. If I get another trailer, and then even mention the words "new trailer" I'll probably be divorced. I also want to get away from a slide. I know slides are make for a lot of room, are the best thing since sliced bread, and are nearly bullet proof now, but I just don't want the possibility of one breaking on me.

Neither my wife or I are tall. I'm only 5' 8" so the RV queen mattress is quite long enough for us. We really do not expect to ever have any adults sharing the trailer. Our young grand kids may accompany us a few times, but they don't take up much space. And by the time they are teenagers, even if they wanted to accompany their grandparents camping, I'll probably not be in the camping business any longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racinforthefinish View Post
I have the 15 year model with the spare underneath. I like it there and have been in quiet a few places boondocking and in campgrounds with never a problem. It just stays there and doesn't bounce around like if it was on the back bumper. Sorry I didn't go measure the sofa or dinette but either one serves as a bed for a medium size person. A tall person would be cramped for space.
Old 05-14-2017, 07:08 AM   #5

Question on overall length

The brochures show the length of the 2015 23RB being 26' 11", while the 2016 & 2017 model is 27' 2", a difference of 3 inches.

Are the '16 &'17 models actually 3 inches longer, and if so, where were the extra inches added? Between the sofa and kitchen counter?