Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2019, 09:02 AM   #1

New to this forum and to Jayco

Hello to all. I recently purchased a 2017 Jayco Jay Flight 29rks. Everything seems to be working as it should. My question is in reference to the slideout. This is my first rv with a slideout. It appears to seal very well as there are no appearant leaks showing. When the slide is retracted there is a gap on the right corner of the slide floor that is 2.25 inches from the slide floor to the trailer floor. I checked under the slide floor to make sure there wasn't anything under it and there wasn't. I read a couple threads about slides and seen this is a normal thing. I called a local dealer and was advised it is a normal thing. It just seems to me if there is a 2.25 inch gap at one end of the slide floor there should be a 2.25 gap all the way across the slide floor. To me it looks like the slide is in a bind, but it does slide in and out without any problems. Any info is welcome, and thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
slideout.jpg  
roudyyates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:21 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

roudyyates,

Welcome to JOF

You're correct, the slide is designed to operate as you described, and the gap should be fairly uniform along the floor edge. The one caution is that you want to avoid stepping or placing heavy objects near the edge of the slide floor when the slide is fully closed, thus avoiding the possibility of damaging the slide floor (splitting wood, separation from slide wall, etc.).

It's very possible that the slide may need some adjustment.

I believe you have the 'though-frame' style electric slide, the following Lippert link may be helpful:

https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/...CD_0001612.pdf

Bob

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2002 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4:10 (retired)
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (Strait-Line)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 09:28 AM   #3

Hello to you. Congratulations on the new-to-you JayFlight and welcome to the forum.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 10:40 AM   #4

Thanks for the response and the link. It is through the frame. I will read through it and see what I come up with. Thanks again, and have a good one.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:44 AM   #5

Thanks for the welcome oldmanaz. What a wealth of info on this forum, and thanks to everyone for sharing their knowledge.
Old 04-16-2019, 11:44 AM   #6
Site Team

Welcome to JOF and to your new to you rig. How does the outside of the slide seal? Look for rub marks on the top and bottom.

If it's sealing and not causing problems, I might not be inclined to try and adjust it before using it a while.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 12:18 PM   #7

Norty1, thanks for the response. The seals appear to be ok, I do not see any marks of any kind on them. When retracted, the outside seal fits up tight all around. I see no evidence of any leaks anywhere around the seals. I have heard when the slide is all the way in, and all the way out, it will make a clicking sound. It does make this clicking sound when it is fully out, but no clicking sound when it is fully retracted.