Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-05-2017, 05:15 PM   #1

New Trailer ... Brake equalizer issues

Good Evening all. I require some assistance please. We just purchased a 264BHW and I have a 2012 F150 v8. I removed the brake equalizer from my old truck and am attempting to install in the newer vehicle. The newer vehicle came with a complete tow package so I know all is working well. I purchased the correct adapter to plug in the brake controller and when I plug it in the truck will not start. I unplug the unit and plug in the controller and I get a service advancetrac message ... then the engine light comes on and I have to flash the error message from the computer. Has anyone run into this issue before ?? Dummy me forgot the brake controller at home on Tuesday when I had hitch and round bar / sway bar set up completed on the trailer. I have a feeling I have to flash the computer at ford or I have an incompatible brake controller. It worked on my 2007 F150. It is a quest brake controller
The Fischcocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:08 PM   #2

just as an FYI. Turns out the wiring harness for the equalizer and the wiring diagram provided by Ford do not speak the same language. Ground is where power is. Power is where ground is. Move this pin here and that pin to position 3 and tada .. one fully functional brake equalizer .Many thanks to the Ford technician in Kincardine Ontario Canada that knew exactly what it was I was referring to as he had my issue resolved in about 30 minutes ... Cost me a round of coffees for the people in the shop.
Old 08-13-2017, 07:16 PM   #3

Glad you got the issue resolved and for a great price too!!

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:35 PM   #4

New Trailer ... Brake equalizer issues

Travis saved our lives yesterday. We ran into a severe rainstorm on the highway yesterday on the way home. We were hydro planing and lost traction going up a hill doing 80 kilometers an hour. Threw the 4 ways on and got the heck off the highway. I was not sure we were going to stop without putting us in the ditch. The combination of not being a dumb...the brake equalizer and the engine brake saved three people and two dogs and whomever was behind us