Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-19-2022, 05:58 PM   #1

Ninja FoodieXL Pro Griddle & Grill

Has anyone attempted to use a Ninja Foodie XL Pro Griddle & Grill in their travel trailer. I believe it is 1800 watts and concerned it might be too powerful and trip the breaker. Thanks for your assistance.
Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2022, 11:38 PM   #2

I don't have one, but...1800 Watts = 15 Amps

You should be ok on a 15 Amp or greater circuit, but it will limit what else you can use inside on that circuit while it is operating.

Option- plug directly into power post and use it outside?
garywilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 09:48 AM   #3

Ninja Foodie XL

Yes, that is what I was thinking. We have used the Instant Pot without any problems however this has more wattage. Thank you for your reply.
Old 03-20-2022, 10:51 AM   #4

Small appliances such as the Ninja are usually carefully engineered not to draw more than 1800 watts which is 15 amps at 120 VAC (Amps = Power / Voltage). Always check the power requirements of any appliance, which is usually always listed by the manufacturer.

So, if your kitchen circuit breaker can handle at least 15 Amps (which is usually the case) you should be ok provided you aren't simultaneously using any other power on the same circuit. I regularly use an 1800 Watt Ninja SP101 Digital Air Fry Countertop Oven in my TT and have no issues, but it is pushing things a bit on a 15 amp breaker. If you have a 20 Amp breaker, all the better.

It would be wise to try to keep the power requirements of small appliances used in RVs to no more than 1500 Watts. This would give more leeway and help ensure no issues.

If you buy a power-hungry small appliance and it blows the breaker, you'll know immediately that you can't use it. If it doesn't, then as long as you don't need to use any other significant power on that circuit, you should be fine.
HAL9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 12:26 PM   #5

Ninja Foodie

Thank you for your reply