Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-01-2021, 03:56 PM   #1

Radio antenna

Hello

Last season I got a new radio under warranty because the bluetooth wasn't working. Opening the camper up for the new season, hook up the new radio, and am not getting any channels. I noticed the pink antenna cable isn't connected to anything, and I can't quite figure out where it's supposed to go. It's connected to the harness, but that's about it.

Considering I pulled the radio out months ago, I have no recollection of this.

Anyone know where the pink antenna cable is supposed to attach to? Some pictures attached.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20210501_214924381.jpg   PXL_20210501_214712661.jpg  
jbagnall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 04:38 PM   #2

The black cable at the top of the first image is the antenna cable. If the pink wire is labeled antenna then it may be unused in your installation. Sometimes there is a wire like that for powered antennas, which you likely don’t have.
Old 05-01-2021, 04:50 PM   #3

Thanks. Yes it doesn't look like this pink antenna was broken off or anything. The thicker black cable with the male attachment is what I assume you're talking about.

Looking at it again, I plugged the antenna in incorrectly. I was plugging it into the female attachment in the picture.

See the picture for the right way to hook it up. Really appreciate the reply and hopefully this picture helps someone out in the future when they unplug their radio and forget after a couple of months!

I will also add. I'm pleasantly surprised at how much extra wire there was to help trace it all down!
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20210501_224532136.jpg  
jbagnall is offline   Reply With Quote