Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-03-2014, 03:11 AM   #1

Removing love seat in Eagle

Has anyone removed the couch with air mattress in its bottom drawer? And it sits in the living area/dining area slide. Ours has never been used but if it inflates it must have electrical connections. Q: What will be involved in removing it and how to go about it? Thanks.
'14 Denali XL
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 06:22 AM   #2

Mine was attached at the wall with two brackets at the top rear of the sofa and had a pump unit that is plugged into an outlet on the wall. If you remove those screws, the sofa should be easy to move and then you can reach behind the sofa to unplug the pump.

If your's has stayed in place for two years it may be attached in some different way; the brackets I mentioned have only one screw going into the wall and didn't take long to get loose. I ended up making some brackets to hold the front legs to the floor.
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:47 AM   #3

RVHiker, I replied to you but must not have clicked on "post". I spoke to Scott at Thompson Family RV where we purchased it when they opened this morning and he explained pretty much what you've just said. I had emailed Jayco in the middle of the night and they already answered with the same info. good dealer service and good mfr. service.

We have five miles of Very Bad Road in and out of our home and the only things that have happened are the screws in the pedestal dining table came out as did one of the window valence screws.

After reading all the horror stories of shoddy construction with other brands, and even some with Jayco, I'm probably going to keep this one as long as possible.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:22 PM   #4

We removed our love seat and put 2 Lazy Boy recliners in its place. The sides come off of the sofa, and it removes in three pieces, just unbolt the sides, and you can move it out the door easy. Save the sofa for when you trade!

Can't wait for camping season, sick of winter, going to -16 on Tuesday!

BuckeyeJim
Columbus Oh
eagle 322FKS
11Ram Diesel
buckeyejim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:50 AM   #5

Buckeye, thanks. That will make it a lot easier to get out the door. It will be at least two weeks before Lazy Boy ships our order. DW is looking forward to it. She's 96 pounds and in just the several months we've used it, it already has a dip in the cushion and she can feel a bar of some sort under her butt if she sits or lays towards the middle. OTOH, I'm 250 and have moved a leather recliner we got from Lazy Boy ten or 12 years ago into the camper and it's still in good shape.

It was necessary to replace the stock mattress immediately. And the dining table pulled up from the slide floor on an early trip up and down our bad road. Wouldn't it be nice if you had choices of various quality furniture when special ordering a rig? They'd charge retail at least unlike retail stores where on furniture you can get 20 - 30% discounts on almost everything. Seems like a win-win for all.