Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-17-2018, 06:29 AM   #1

Shower faucet weep hole?

My 2017 Jay Feather X213 is nearing the end of its two year warranty. My local dealer has been great taking care of the few issues I've found. However, one thing they've pushed back on is my observation that water leaks from the indoor shower faucet, at the threaded connection where the shower hose attaches. They claim that is by design (weep hole) to let water drain out of the hose. It is most pronounced with the water diverted to the shower head and the valve on the head closed. But some still comes out when the valve on the head is wide open. And yes, I'm using a pressure reducer when on city water.

It isn't a huge deal, but when the camper isn't perfectly level, the water that leaks out at that connection runs across the top of the tub and then down the wall onto the floor. I disconnected the hose to check things and found a washer that looks okay. But the plastic part it seats onto (on the faucet side) has a little rim. Part of the rim is missing, but I can't tell if it is a defect or intentional. I think that is how the water is finding a way out.

I could not find anything in the manual or online about this supposed weep hole design. Is it a thing? Does anyone else get water coming out there?
gocubsgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 12:31 PM   #2

maybe you could go on an RV lot and look at another shower/hose/ diverter and see if the rim looks like that?

plumbers tape? washer?
Old 07-17-2018, 12:44 PM   #3

It's not a weep hole, it's a leaking faucet. You're better off doing it yourself. Most likely needs tightening or replaced, which is pretty simple. It's leaking at the diverter where the hose screws on, correct?
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:34 AM   #4

Yes, it is leaking at the top of the diverter where the shower hose conncets. When I looked at the washer in there, the side towards the faucet had the imprint of the rim it rests on. There was a gap in the imprint however, which matched the missing part of the rim on the faucet.

The hose was pretty tight when I tried to get it off. I was eventually able to loosen it by hand. It was hard to get a tool on it since it is so close to the wall and I didn't want to mar the finish.

If the faucet does need to get replaced, I'm hoping to get the dealer to do it under warranty. Although if I did it myself, maybe I could put in a better one. A single handle one still with a tub spout might be nice. The one I have is very similar to the linked one below. The leak is at the plastic connection at the top.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Faucets/.../PF213363.html
Old 08-13-2018, 10:08 AM   #5

On my final warranty trip to the dealer, initially, they again claimed it was a weep hole. However, after I again showed where I thought the leak was and some further inspection on their part, they agreed that the faucet should be replaced. They did it under warranty and we had no leaks on the next trip. I haven't disconnected the hose to see how it compares to the previous setup. I basically don't want to touch it while it isn't leaking there. :P