Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2018, 09:48 AM   #1

Slide power out on retract

Hi,
I'm new to owning a Jayco and never had a trailer with slide outs before. Please forgive me if this is a crazy question.

I just got a 2018 SLX 287BHSW and took it out for the first time last weekend. All went pretty well, I had a decorative panel fall near the bed, but it was only held up with Staples. My bigger question was on the slide out. At the end of the trip, it was time to retract the slide, and it was pouring rain. In an effort to keep the family inside as long as possible, I had disconnected everything first myself and hitched up. All that was left was to pull in the slide, get in the truck and we were done.

Well, pulling in the slide on battery power blew the 30 Amp in line fuse at the battery. This seemed odd to me because the only other draw was the propane fridge, propane/CO detector, and 1 LED light. Any way, no spare fuse, so I go out and connect to shore power to retract the slide. Now, when the slide gets fully retracted, I thought it was supposed to click like it does going out. Instead, when mine fully retracted, all power in my trailer goes out until I release the switch. The microwave clock goes out, fridge off, all lights out. It's like I unplugged it, then I let go of the switch and power is back.

Is this the normal operation of the slide? It just seems not right to me? Is it related to the blown fuse somehow?

Thanks and sorry for such a long list,
David
dboody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:18 AM   #2

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
It is normal, release the switch when it doesn't go further. The special breaker for the slide should kick in but might be to slow. Check your 12 volt fuse panel and replace if necessary.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote