Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-03-2019, 10:57 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MEEKER View Post
Last July 4th holiday weekend, our camping neighbors from across the trail were playing (loudly I must say) Zamfir Pan Flute music. After about 4 hours of this torture I told my DW that I can’t take it anymore and that I am going to put a stop to it.
I went over and asked them politely to tone down the pan flute music, better yet turn it off for awhile to give the rest of us a break. They were a little annoyed at me but complied with my request.

As I headed back to my campsite, I received a nice “round of applause” from most of the camping neighbors around me.
I applaud you as well! Too bad that is necessary sometimes.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 12:48 PM   #22

Our 19XUD didn't come with outdoor speakers but, on the occasions when we're far enough from the neighbours to want some we just use a couple of Bluetooth speakers,
You can pretty much hang or stand them anywhere within 50-75 feet, and they work just fine.

(I should probably mention that the OEM radio didn't have Bluetooth capability. Or CD. Or pretty much anything else the salesman promised... but I changed it out for one that does what it's told :-)

Jay Feather 19XUD, pushing a Jeep Grand Cherokee
WeRJuliian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 12:59 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRJuliian View Post
... Or pretty much anything else the salesman promised... but I changed it out for one that does what it's told :-)

How do you know a salesman is lying?
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:17 PM   #24

I'm not a fan of speakers outside, heck.. Speakers they put in these things in general are for the most part CRAP...

I guess that's part of being a sound engineer too, I have high expectations for sound quality..
DJMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:22 PM   #25

Seems like a ridiculous place for speakers.
Jenny Darlington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:06 PM   #26

I had the same issue. Dealer looked at them during first and only time to get three warranty items addressed. They have worked fine since. My 2017 29RLDS has been great so far, i am satisfied with the quality plus we love the layout...

2017 Jay Flight 29RLDS
2018 F250 CCSB 6.2
2015 F150 SCSB 2.7TTEB (gone)
Equalizer WD
JJVDAV98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 02:29 PM   #27

We had a Keystone Bullet with speakers mounted on the trailer itself, worked great for outside music. Our new 2019 Jayco Jay Flight has speakers mounted in the awning arm, bad idea in my humble opinion. Sound not near the quality we had before. If I had a vote with Jayco it would be to move them back to the sidewall of the trailer.
JARanch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:37 PM   #28

we used to play with the best spot for the speakers an finally got wise an got a couple of the BLUE TOOTH speakers.. These work the best for us... Can sit them anywhere now... Even run a small one in your shirt pocket...

I did rig up an audio distribution panel so I could feed one of blue tooth speakers from my various radio nets I want to listen to all the time... Radios are inside the trailer and the portable speaker in my shirt pocket...

Roy Ken
RETIRED DOD DOAF DON CONTRACTOR Electronics Tech 42YRS

"We're burning daylight" - John Wayne
2008 STARCRAFT 14RT OFF-ROAD POPUP with PD9260C and three 85AH 12VDC batteries
2010 F150 FX4 5.4 GAS with 3.73 gears - Super Cab - Towing Package - 2KW Honda EU2000i Gen
K9PHT (since 1957) 146.52Mhz
"We always have a PLAN B"
RoyBraddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:55 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctbailey View Post
How do you know a salesman is lying?
His lips were moving?
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:56 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
His lips were moving?
Now that's funny
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 09:39 PM   #31

It seems everyone brings their own entertainment these days (music on cell phone and ear buds) so I've never used the outside speakers. The reason we were told they put them in the awning and faced down when the awning is extended so the sound is projected where you're most likely seating and not projected out toward your neighbors.

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:19 AM   #32

Speakers

They are in the awning arm so that the point down when awning is out. Less noise to you neighbors. I use them all the time. No problems yet. And I like the consideration to noise directed down to me not out to my neighbors.
Grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:29 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
Personally, I wish TT manufacturers would stop putting speakers in rigs altogether. Nothing worse than hearing someone blasting their music through the campground into the night. We camp to get away from that stuff — JMHO.
Removing the speakers won't stop CG music.. If it was blasting, it was probably external speakers of some sort, because the outside factory speakers sound terrible. LOL!
Old 03-07-2019, 09:44 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeRJuliian View Post
Our 19XUD didn't come with outdoor speakers but,
That's odd. I have the same year and model TT as you, and I have speakers on the side of trailer. Ive actually never seen a newer TT without outside speakers.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:14 AM   #35

I would have to think the speakers were lowered to attempt to keep the music closer to the camper and not at the ends of the awning. No one sits at the edge of the awning but further back closer to the camper.

As for why speakers are even put on the outside? well manufacturers certainly don't just put things that aren't wanted. They know what the "majority" of buyers want and that's what is offered.

One of the comments here stated the music bothering them. This was on a 4th of July weekend and you honestly thought it would be peace and quiet? Holiday weekends are when most occasional campers can get away so you have to expect it to be a little noisier than usual. Also,if I have to hear about one more hero, Captain Campground getting applause from the rest of the campground for killing the sound monster I think I'll puke.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:36 PM   #36

Mine are up high on the arm of our 2017 195 rb . I think they are better protected than having them at the bottom and the water runs down the arm and into the speakers. 195 rb 2017
Toyota Tacoma crew cab w/ tow pkg,
wife and Gracie the wonder dog
larryrebos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 08:38 AM   #37

Play and adjust the settings, we thought 1 of ours didn't work either. After a few attempts of changing balance settings it finally worked. The settings didn't make sense to us but oh well at least we have 2 functional speakers!
Kelly K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:48 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View Post
One of my Solera awning speakers doesn't work and probably didn't from the factory. I suspect they were having issues with the speaker wiring in the awning arms. I really can't see how such a small speaker can produce any descent sound. It may not be worth it to me to replace or troubleshoot the issue...I may just resort to bringing a bluetooth speaker with us for outdoor listening.
One of Solera awning speakers never worked form the beginning. Never bothered me since I don't use speakers outside the trailer.

However, I am taking it back to the dealer for a few relatively minor (one kind of important) issues for the dealer to fix under warranty. The 2 year warranty ends in June of this year.

I included the speaker in the items to be fixed just because it should work. But if it stops working again, I'll not worry about it.

It's probably best to get a decent small blue tooth stand alone speaker system anyway. Better sound.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 02:31 PM   #39

HaHa use a big hammer. I have the same issue with my awning speakers and I will attempt to remedy this issue soon. If all else fails WHACK
Jacotim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:42 PM   #40

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
Had that very problem with mine......, wires getting pinched at the awning arm elbow during awning open/close operation.

IMO a terrible design concept mounting speakers anywhere on the awning assembly.

Bob
I agree ......leave them in the side of the RV, and while you are at it, go back to the Carefree of Colorado awnings ...... much better in my opinion!