Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-16-2017, 07:28 PM   #1

Stereo Modification 264BHW

Good evening all. We just completed our maiden voyage in our 264BHW . The unit comes with an incredibly crappy car stereo system which my boxing glove hands managed to break. The cabinet area is completely enclosed where the car stereo is installed ... Was wondering if anyone has made any modifications to this system and if so ... recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Christmas is coming and the spawnling would like to be able to watch a movie in surround sound like we could in our x19h on rainy crappy days ....
The Fischcocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 04:59 AM   #2

If the stereo is like my 26bh, there are 4 screws on the face of the radio that are removed to allow the entire unit to slide out. Replacing it with a car stereo maybe easy but you will have to make a filler plate and figure out there wiring.
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 06:04 PM   #3

No. It is buried in the cabinet itself. I need to remove a front face plate of a cabinet to get to the innards. I want to get rid of the car stereo and put in a proper system
The Fischcocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 08:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fischcocks View Post
No. It is buried in the cabinet itself. I need to remove a front face plate of a cabinet to get to the innards. I want to get rid of the car stereo and put in a proper system
What brand and model of stereo?

My 23RLSW had a Furrion 3200 that you had to pull the faceplate off to get to the screws for removal.

Can you post some pics?
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 09:55 AM   #5

Mine is a Jensen:

There are 4 screws to take it out, and then behind regular car radio type wiring. I was planning to replace it with a better model that has bluetooth built-in, found several on eBay:

NEW IRV RADIO BLUETOOTH iRV6500BT CAR DVD CD RECIEVER AM FM AUX REMOTE CONTROL | eBay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AWM968-Jense...-/122604689003

These should both fit the opening in the TT.
dj-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 03:57 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj-matt View Post
Mine is a Jensen:

There are 4 screws to take it out, and then behind regular car radio type wiring. I was planning to replace it with a better model that has bluetooth built-in, found several on eBay:

NEW IRV RADIO BLUETOOTH iRV6500BT CAR DVD CD RECIEVER AM FM AUX REMOTE CONTROL | eBay

AWM968 Jensen Radio CD Bluetooth Player AM/FM/DVD/USB 12V RV Trailer Camper | eBay

These should both fit the opening in the TT.
Both look like a good deal price wise. I changed out mine to a Jensen JWM6A.

It fit into the same opening as the existing Furrion which was important because I didn't want to have to modify it.

Didn't need high quality sound, just wasn't that important to me. If that was a priority I would have bought a good quality car stereo, changed the ceiling speakers and got a Blue-ray player.

Wanted something easier to use and that the TV sound would play through the ceiling speakers.

It has Bluetooth but I don't really use it. Also has a USB input on the front panel that I use for playing music and the sound quality is good enough for me.
Wireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 05:10 PM   #7

I've got the iRV6500 in my '15 32BHDS. I'm satisfied with it. We stream our iPhones and computers to it over BT.

Craig Bailey
New Hampshire
Jayflight 32 BHDS
Chevy 2500HD CC
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote