Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-03-2019, 07:08 AM   #21

Sorry to hear about your health issues, as I get older I realize what a gift our health is.
Best wishes and prayers to you concerning your health and selling your TT.
2015 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab, Traded in
Bluegill1
bluegill1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:08 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell5263 View Post
But when they sell on consignment, you have to agree to the selling price.
Of course, but the point is, that the dealer's motivation is not to necessarily assure you of the highest price, but to sell the trailer at any price to assure a commission.
Siamese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 10:53 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siamese View Post
Of course, but the point is, that the dealer's motivation is not to necessarily assure you of the highest price, but to sell the trailer at any price to assure a commission.
Then you're using the wrong dealer..
Old 10-03-2019, 11:28 AM   #24

The bottom line is this...know what your unit should be worth, know what the least amount you'll accept is, insist that ALL offers are given to you for approval or denial, understand that the dealer must make a profit for it to be worth their while. They will collect a commission, they will probably charge a fee for marketing the unit. But, they also have an avenue for profit that you or I don't have, that's to make money from the financing as well.
mbell5263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 08:34 PM   #25

I am on Facebook for their games and thats about it. And yes my child is on it so she sends me stuff on her life. I did notice market place and they sell everything. I was looking for Xmas villages and found someone near my home trying to sell off her collection. I think I have more then I need but still. Try there. Don't have to really say much about yourself and make sure you lockdown your account so others can't find you. Otherwise good luck.
spark of insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 09:33 PM   #26

I recently sold my tt on Facebook, it sold fast.
wylan9021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:53 AM   #27
Al1

I sold a Class A, 2 cars and purchased 2 RVs on Craigs List. I go to NADAguides.com to get an idea of the price, advertise on RVtrader.com and Craigslist.com. I price them below the dealer price (above the price after commission) and sell it quickly. No hassle, no problem. The negative comments for selling on your own here may be from used RV dealers. Remember when buying an RV from a dealer they always tack on a charge for fixing it up which I don't think they even bother to do. So I think I save at least $1000 by selling/buying on my own. Good luck, both in the selling and in your health!
Al1 is offline   Reply With Quote