Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-20-2020, 07:52 PM   #1

TT Cover... worth it?

I recently came into a Jagflight SLX8 that is my pride and joy. I try to take care of my things.. and live in a very hot place, and I am worried about sun exposure and damage.

I am in Bakersfield, CA and during the summer it is a high and intense heat that we get. Moderate rain during winter but never any severe weather (wind or snow).

That being said, I am terrified of the heat cracking all the seals around the trailer in addition to general fading and wear on tires. They have highly reviewed '5-layer' cloth covers on Amazon. For 300$ plus or minus.

This would be a this summer and possibly next fix, as I am planning on doing a pole barn for it... my question is do they even help with protecting against heat/uv damage?

Thanks!
jogbehle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 07:55 PM   #2

Anything to get your tralier out of the uv light is a plus. I don't have a Jayco anymore but my kz 323rk is in the pole barn. The sooner you can put your camper under a roof and out of the elements the better. Until then a cover is better than nothing
gpd2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2020, 08:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jogbehle1 View Post
I recently came into a Jagflight SLX8 that is my pride and joy. I try to take care of my things.. and live in a very hot place, and I am worried about sun exposure and damage.

I am in Bakersfield, CA and during the summer it is a high and intense heat that we get. Moderate rain during winter but never any severe weather (wind or snow).

That being said, I am terrified of the heat cracking all the seals around the trailer in addition to general fading and wear on tires. They have highly reviewed '5-layer' cloth covers on Amazon. For 300$ plus or minus.

This would be a this summer and possibly next fix, as I am planning on doing a pole barn for it... my question is do they even help with protecting against heat/uv damage?

Thanks!
We’re north of you, and it gets even hotter up here. I leave my cover on all winter and as late as possible in spring and it has done a good job protecting things. But once summer hits, we are escaping the heat every chance we get. In between, it’s too much trouble to pull the cover over for just a couple of weeks. I just try to inspect things regularly, watch the caulking and make sure its protected with wax or 303.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote