Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-14-2022, 01:18 PM   #1

TV size for bedroom mount?

I have the '22 284BHS and was wondering what size TV folks put in that bedroom mount that also works outside? Seems like a 30" or so would work?
AgsMyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 08:05 AM   #2

TV Size

Following
jeremyfloridalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2022, 10:07 AM   #3

I have a 24” that is perfect for my 18’ TT. Inside use only for me. I rotate it from bed area to couch area, so 24” is about right for being in tge walkway at times.
Old 03-31-2022, 08:52 PM   #4

Biggest tv that will fit the space. You never hear anyone sign man I wish I didn’t get that TV it’s too big
ggilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 03:00 AM   #5

Truth ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggilbert View Post
Biggest tv that will fit the space. You never hear anyone sign man I wish I didn’t get that TV it’s too big
wordsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 07:07 AM   #6

284 bhs

I believe the question is still out there. What size TV can you put in the room on the factory mount that is transferable to the outside mount on the 2022 Jayco Jayflight SLX 284BHS
jeremyfloridalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 07:14 AM   #7

Related question is about weight of TV, specifically, how much can the wall side of the mount take?

A 24" TV came with our RV. It can't weigh more than 8 or 10 lbs at the most. Weight aside, I have a 32" LED TV that I was using for a monitor in an upstairs study at work (retired pastor). Later this week I'm going to measure the dimensions as they would "niche" into the place where the bracket is on the wall in the RV. Clearance at the ceiling and to the left where the bedroom curtain slides will be the deciding factors for me.

And if my bride doesn't want it inside, I'll set it up to use as the outside unit.

My observations don't answer the question, but like some others I'm following the discussion.
wordsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2022, 05:48 PM   #8

We camped for 25 years with a B&W 5" TV. It was battery operated and its all that would work in our situation.

When we bought the new Jayco with all the amenities, we upgraded to a 13" color TV with DVD. Thought we were in heaven.

That TV broke and now we have a 21 incher. Way bigger than needed.
gypsmjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 12:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordsmyth View Post
Related question is about weight of TV, specifically, how much can the wall side of the mount take?

A 24" TV came with our RV. It can't weigh more than 8 or 10 lbs at the most. Weight aside, I have a 32" LED TV that I was using for a monitor in an upstairs study at work (retired pastor). Later this week I'm going to measure the dimensions as they would "niche" into the place where the bracket is on the wall in the RV. Clearance at the ceiling and to the left where the bedroom curtain slides will be the deciding factors for me.

And if my bride doesn't want it inside, I'll set it up to use as the outside unit.

My observations don't answer the question, but like some others I'm following the discussion.
We have the same model like you. However, ours didn’t get the TV, but the mount. I checked a 32” Insignia Fire TV. Didn’t fit the mount. I believe 32” is also too big. Curtain and ceiling is the problem. What TV make and model did you get? I am also interested to extend the mount, so I can watch from the bed. Any advice I really would appreciate.
Jens is offline   Reply With Quote