Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-07-2021, 08:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
I don't like roughing it, that fun went away a long time ago. We go for comfort now. I like water pressure (within reason of course).
TIP: If on city water and experiencing low pressure, turn on WATER PUMP: If the PUMP RUNS, (most likely) your City Water FILTER NEEDS CHANGING :-) Other causes exist and your mileage may vary, but...
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:01 PM   #22

I use to use an adjustable Water Pressure Regulator, but I found myself obsessing over it and constantly looking at it and tweaking it! So after 2 years I went With the simple in-line dumb one for the past 3 years and now I never think about it again!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 09:07 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenne1713 View Post
"40-50" means internal valve starts to close at 40 and is fully closed at 50....I.e. NOT to exceed 50-psi, BUT "hot side of the kitchen sink is the weakest, " says a) you may have a crimped hose/ tube somewhere, or b) the WH HOT OUTLET CHECK VALVE maybe stuck partially open (I.e. partially closed)... or c) you may have debris in tank clogging Inlet/ outlet? Do you FLUSH tank w/ anode and wash out any ANODE RESIDUE ANNUALLY? or... d) WATER FILTER MAYBE PARTIALLY CLOGGED/ NEARLY CLOGGED, reducing overall pressure/ flow? Is it changed annually, or more frequently? e) Faucet and/ or showerhead nozzles inspected for clogs and cleaning needs? HOPE this helps?
Thanks! Same lower flow with valves in bypass position, so I suspect it is either a crimp in the pex going to the kitchen faucet or an obstruction in that line or the faucet. I don’t have an anode rod but flush at the end of each season. Changed the water filter just recently. Shower and kitchen flow is actually decent. I’ll sleuth out the pex line as much as I can.

Regarding an adjustable regulator — I still have a question. So, you hook it up, purge the lines, close them all and check the static pressure on the dial. You set it for, say, 50, which is reflected on the dial. If the incoming pressure should increase significantly, will the dial reading go up? Or is it always going to show 50? I would think the latter; otherwise you would have to constantly monitor and adjust it, no?

Thanks, all, for your input.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 04:33 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
Thanks for the quick responses. So, if I’ve got this right, when you hook up the variable, the needle will register the psi you want to go into your rig and you set it to what you want (I.e 50). But if the incoming pressure suddenly rises, does the needle register higher on the dial? If so, wouldn’t the pressure going out of the regulator into your rig still be the 50 you set it at? Or do you have to readjust the needle to put it at 50 again?

Yeah, I’m still messing with the kitchen hot. Pulled the faucet yesterday and checked for debris and poured some vinegar down the line per one tech’s advice. Also closed bypass valves to make sure it’s not the check valve at the tank.

Thanks all!
I have an adjustable regulator. Your gauge will read the set pressure, or lower. Once I was connected to a supply that I could set my regulator, I set it at 45psi now it always reads 45psi if the campground pressure is at least 45psi, if the campground pressure is less than 45psi it reads whatever the available pressure is. If the campground has 45psi+ then even when the water is running inside my camper it will read 45psi. I have found that using a 3/4" supply hose will improve your water flow inside. A 3/4" hose at 30psi gives you a much better flow from your shower head than a 1/2" supply hose. A 3/4" dia. x 25' hose will flow 10gpm verses 9.5gpm through a 1/2" x 25' hose at the same pressure. 5% doesn't sound like a lot but during a 10 minute shower that adds up to 5 more gallon of water. Happy Camping and God Bless!
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 04:53 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHiker View Post
I have an adjustable regulator. Your gauge will read the set pressure, or lower. Once I was connected to a supply that I could set my regulator, I set it at 45psi now it always reads 45psi if the campground pressure is at least 45psi, if the campground pressure is less than 45psi it reads whatever the available pressure is. If the campground has 45psi+ then even when the water is running inside my camper it will read 45psi. I have found that using a 3/4" supply hose will improve your water flow inside. A 3/4" hose at 30psi gives you a much better flow from your shower head than a 1/2" supply hose. A 3/4" dia. x 25' hose will flow 10gpm verses 9.5gpm through a 1/2" x 25' hose at the same pressure. 5% doesn't sound like a lot but during a 10 minute shower that adds up to 5 more gallon of water. Happy Camping and God Bless!
Thanks Hiker! That makes sense and is how I assumed it worked. But I’ve heard some say they frequently have to adjust the regulator based on changing pressure.

I use the blue Camco 5/8” water hose but I don’t think I’ve seen a 3/4” specifically for drinking water. Do you use just a generic 3/4” garden hose?
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
Old 08-08-2021, 08:33 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyDuck View Post
Thanks Hiker! That makes sense and is how I assumed it worked. But I’ve heard some say they frequently have to adjust the regulator based on changing pressure.

I use the blue Camco 5/8” water hose but I don’t think I’ve seen a 3/4” specifically for drinking water. Do you use just a generic 3/4” garden hose?
Initially it can be hard to get the regulator set. I finally had to hook mine up at home where I have a little over 60psi pressure. I set it at 45psi there and I never see it over 45psi but quite often I see less than that, in campgrounds the pressure can fluctuate a lot. It can be reading 45psi and later in the evening when more campers start using more water it might drop to 30psi. 3/4" potable hoses are hard to find, I have a 10' one and a 4' one. If they don't reach the hydrant then I have to use a 25' 5/8" hose. The adjustable regulators seem to flow more water than the fixed regulators under low pressure. Happy Camping and God Bless!
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 01:38 PM   #27

question............what is recommended water pressure psi?
I think the one I bought is 30psi, but when i use my on demand pump, it has higher pressure than that, and I like the higher pressure.
SO, can I allow more pressure coming in when I am on city water and not hurt plumbing? hope that makes sense.

I have a 2013 198RD
Old 08-10-2021, 02:04 PM   #28

re: regulator gage, it reads OUTLET pressure, and will fully close at setpoint (i.e. Static Pressure= NO FLOW, should NOT go higher, and if it does= need to replace as it is bad) versus dynamic pressure will be lower when water is flowing. RV normal= 40-50 range and high about 60, but city or well pressures can be 100-to 150. Hope this helps?
thenne1713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2021, 03:47 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefoster View Post
question............what is recommended water pressure psi?
I think the one I bought is 30psi, but when i use my on demand pump, it has higher pressure than that, and I like the higher pressure.
SO, can I allow more pressure coming in when I am on city water and not hurt plumbing? hope that makes sense.

I have a 2013 198RD
My manual says my onboard pump reaches a pressure of 45 psi before it shuts off. I’ve heard some are higher, though. The fixed-flow regulators you buy for city hookup are generally 40-50 psi. Variable regulators are generally preset to 45.