Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-11-2020, 04:17 PM   #1

Washer/Dryer Prep a waste

So, my 2020 Jayco Eagle 332CBOK came with washer/dryer prep. That's fine, but I never plan to install a washer or dryer. What I hate is that the 3rd gray water tank is useless if you don't have a washer hooked up. I'd like to be able to have the shower tie into that tank rather than have it just remain unused forever. Has anyone found a way to do this?
mbell5263 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 06:18 PM   #2

That’s a good question
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 06:28 PM   #3

Find where the shower drains into the current grey tank then plumb it to the other tank. I would think Jayco has the schematic. Another option which is probably easier would be to plumb in a pump between the two tanks, wire in a switch and pump the fluids when you want too.

Plumb this in just BEFORE the drain on current tank and 1 on the inlet, assuming it’s the same size, of the secondary tank. The just plumb in the pump between the two tanks, there’s lots of options ranging from 12V to 110v.
https://pvcpipesupplies.com/2-x-1-2-...RoC-SQQAvD_BwE
Old 02-11-2020, 09:32 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell5263 View Post
So, my 2020 Jayco Eagle 332CBOK came with washer/dryer prep. That's fine, but I never plan to install a washer or dryer. What I hate is that the 3rd gray water tank is useless if you don't have a washer hooked up. I'd like to be able to have the shower tie into that tank rather than have it just remain unused forever. Has anyone found a way to do this?
If all of your gray tanks drain to one location, install one of these on your main discharge leaving all the gray tanks open. The gray water should back up into all tanks via the plumbing, equalizing the system. Just a thought.

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-...1477624&sr=8-1
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:01 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCNashville View Post
If all of your gray tanks drain to one location, install one of these on your main discharge leaving all the gray tanks open. The gray water should back up into all tanks via the plumbing, equalizing the system. Just a thought.

https://www.amazon.com/Valterra-T58-...1477624&sr=8-1
This is exactly what I do. I attach this valve, leave it closed, and open all of my gray tank valves. By the very nature of water and because all of the tanks are vented, the tank levels will equalize.

When it's time to go to the dump station, I close the gray tank valves, but leave this add-on valve connected and closed. At the dump station, connect the hose to this, open this valve, then proceed with my normal dump sequence. When I'm all done, I throw this valve in the box with my other sewer connectors.
2016 GMC 2500HD CrewCab SLT 4x4 Duramax
smithmdsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 12:36 PM   #6

If doing the master valve trick, just be sure that all 3 tanks are at the same level, or at least below the lowest drain point. There are some 5ers have a tank mounted above the main frame level that could cause a backup into a lower drain like a shower pan. In that case, the higher tank should be kept separate. This was reported in another post here a long while back where the owner got a nasty unexpected surprise.
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote