Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2021, 04:08 PM   #1

Water issues

Hi everyone, I purchased a 2021 Jayco Whitehawk 29BH.

We went to set up for camping two weeks ago and the day after purchasing our trailer from out of town.

When I turn on the water pump it runs, pressure for water is normal for about 10 seconds, however after that time it fully stops for about a minute then it dribbles out slowly.
If I connect to city water I am fine however with the pump it does not seem to want to pull the water from the tank.
I have tried every single thing I could think of to troubleshoot, but nothing I’ve done has worked.
I have correct valves open, I have tried pulling water through the bypass for antifreeze and it works and I have full water pressure, but not when I try have it set normally.
I am at my wits ends and Im dressing the 5 hour drive to tow it back to the dealer.

Anyone else ever have this issue or have any ideas?
Kootenaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 05:03 PM   #2

I would check the pump suction side input screen, mounted at the pump. Mine had a lot of plastic shavings in it from the tank. Also check all pump suction side connections for tightness, may be sucking air. My pump output connection was not tightened, didnt exhibit your systems problems, but instead flooded the floor and ruined the veneer wood in the pump area. Thus dont assume connections were tightened when installed.

I dont know, just thinking, maybe if you disconnect the input suction at the pump, gently blow the line out back into the tank. Maybe add water to the tank and then drain, assuming debris.

Also- make sure all your output lines are bled; open all faucets and water heater on city water to expel all air out of system.
dxrobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 04:22 PM   #3

Welcome to the JOF family. Were you able to get something figured out. Hope all is good. Happy camping!

2018 Jayco White Hawk 31BH 34'
2004 Surveyor by Forest River 29'
1996 Coachman Catalina 25'
2002 Jayco 12UTD PopUp
TrashMan Videos
sturgissteele is offline   Reply With Quote

« New campers | Axles »