Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-14-2018, 08:42 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags999 View Post
The only issue with the shark bite fittings is cost. You soon surpass the cost of the tool needed to install pex rings or clamps. As to the tools for pex fittings, you do get what you pay for. The cheap tools are more difficult to use, they can be a tad sloppy. I had a cheapee crimper and wound up replacing it with a shark bite tool, much tighter tolerances and overall easier to use.
Just saw this. There is a plastic version of "Sharkbite" that are much less expensive made by WATTS. A "T" is around $6 and a splice is $3. Valves are priced similar.

http://www.watts.com/quickconnect

Also on AMAZON
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2018, 09:18 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdrumsr View Post
Hello,

I discovered a leaky valve right behind my water heater yesterday. I'm not familiar with the types of clamps used to secure the water lines in my Jayco. They are metal and have a little hoop on one side. Is there a specific tool I should use to unfasten the clamps? I also cannot seem to find a Jayco parts website.

If anyone has experience with these things and can provide some useful links to steer me in the right direction I'd sure appreciate it!

Thanks much!
-John

I'd call a Jayco dealer in your area and show the parts dept the pic of the shut off valve. I had a similar issue and they had a shut off valve in stock for about $10. Cut pipe off as close to clamps as possible, and heat up a little with a blow dryer. The pipe slides on the nipple and screw clamps tight. No need for putty or tape. Valve came with the proper fittings. Took 20 mins. If I can find the receipt I will post part number.
slippin_jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote