Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2019, 06:45 PM   #21

What was it blocked with?
Fr8Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:15 PM   #22

Air was getting in where the elbow and threaded part meet. I noticed it wiggled a little too much and the elbow on the other side of the pump didn't feel as loose. So, I put a straight fitting temporarily on there and it worked fine. I had to order a new elbow though cause my local Home Depot didn't have one.
frogg3074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:05 PM   #23

You can also use a funnel to dump some water into the antifreeze line, sometimes they need a bit of water to get the prime going
kiknads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:09 PM   #24

Also when you tried siphoning did you turn the screen around and make the cone push on the check valve?

If you hear the pump going I bet the other poster is correct, it’s probably just air bound.

Good luck. Let us know what happened.
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:19 PM   #25

It was the elbow that screws into the filter.....it was not sealing properly and was sucking air. I replaced it with a new one. Jayco put that on like that. I guess they don't check to make sure some things work.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:32 PM   #26

I’m glad you found it. I Purchased about six different connectors including that elbow with a thread on it for when I camped up north this winter for 6 days of travel. I was so paranoid of something freezing I made sure I had spare parts. We did have two different campgrounds water supply freeze on us overnight! Good thing I always watch the temperature and I just disconnected our hose before we went to bed.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:34 PM   #27

Had a similar issue last year. Turned out the pump had some trash in it that was keeping one of the valves from seating properly. I had already bought a new pump so after I cleaned it up I saved it for a spare.
Loretta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:41 PM   #28

found my water pump screen full of white plastic shavings from when plumbing was installed this was 2 years after purchase
ezzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 12:46 PM   #29

Yeah, this elbow was very loose even when screwed all the way in. The one on the outlet side was much tighter feeling so that's when I decided to spend the $4 haha and get another one. Plus, I had to YouTube how to cut that crimped clamp off and replaced it with an average hose clamp but all is good now. Glad it wasn't my pump.
Old 04-17-2019, 12:49 PM   #30
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogg3074 View Post
I'm going to buy another pump for $50 and see what happens.
Two questions keep ringing in my head.

1. You bought a new trailer and didn't even use it for 2 years?

2. The dealer is supposed to do what is called a PDI for the new owner after he has checked out the new trailer from the factory. When you pick it up, you should be shown the rig with power, water and all systems demonstrated. Any systems that do not work properly are to be noted and repaired.
Was that offered?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 01:33 PM   #31

I am assuming the screen is located at the pump? I had a Winni that had one before the pump and on the pump itself. The pump screen hardly had any debris they mostly were caught up in the first screen.
Old 04-17-2019, 01:36 PM   #32

Anyone happen to know where the slide out motor is located on a 2019 Redhawk 25R? The dealer was kind a useless believe it or not! Lol
Old 04-17-2019, 01:41 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnynorthland View Post
I am assuming the screen is located at the pump? I had a Winni that had one before the pump and on the pump itself. The pump screen hardly had any debris they mostly were caught up in the first screen.

Yes the screen filter screws on the pump and the elbow was right before that
Old 04-17-2019, 02:47 PM   #34

Try this for a quick check, Fill a pail or large jug with water at least a gallon or two and stick the winterizing hose (clear) into the water and see if it siphons out and fills the water lines. Pump should shut off once lines are pressurized. It will narrow down to either a valve problem or line/pump problem.
Old 04-17-2019, 02:57 PM   #35

We have had this problem several times after running the water out. Best advice was priming the pump using the outside fresh water fill port....it has worked every time, but the mind also forgets every time what the fix is when hearing/seeing no water in faucet!
Old 04-17-2019, 09:47 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogg3074 View Post
I have a 2016 Whitehawk 25BHS and tried to use my water pump, I opened the faucets and it tries to build pressure but won't. I filled the fresh tank and nothing. I read that there could be an air leak or kink between the tank and pump but the antifreeze siphon hose won't suck anything out either. You can hear it sucking but nowhere near enough. I'm thinking I got a dud pump. Anyone else have this happen?
I have had an issue with a fresh water pump before that was like this. Take your winterizing hose holding it higher than the pump fill the hose with water and bump the pump to get water in the pump with the valves set for winterizing. (Be sure not to pull all the water out of the hose or you will get more air in your pump.) Once you have water in the pump set your valves to pull water from the fresh tank and it will probably work. You may have to try this a couple of times. Good luck.
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:46 AM   #37

Every time I empty my fresh water tank pump will not prime due to too much air in lines. . I connect fresh water hose to trailer and run all sinks and fill water heater. Disconnect hose from trailer and start pump and open a faucet. Flow of water out faucet will help prime pump. Works every time.
Jaycophil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 03:16 PM   #38

I have a brand new 2019 White hawk bh water pump and gas water heater do not work?

I am a Camp Fire survivor in BUtte County California. I bought this trailer new, 2nd hand, from a guy that bought it and parked it for 6 months and never used it once. I bought it and had to let it sit for six months, because fema would not allow me back on my property till the debris was cleaned up. So, there is no warranty and no help from jayco, even though it has only been in use for 5 days now. :(

The gas water heater will not turn on and the water pump I can hear running but is pumping nothing. Tried the one valve it has and it seems to be in the on position for water?

Getting help is next to impossible on line and Jayco refuses to help!

Does anyone know what the problem is? The electric water heater works and I do have pressure from my water tank about 30 feet up the hill from the trailer, maybe 22-25 pounds pressure??

Not enough for good shower or to wash dishes with good pressure.

Thank you Calen Tanner Lightheart
77Gslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 04:07 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77Gslinger View Post
I am a Camp Fire survivor in BUtte County California. I bought this trailer new, 2nd hand, from a guy that bought it and parked it for 6 months and never used it once. I bought it and had to let it sit for six months, because fema would not allow me back on my property till the debris was cleaned up. So, there is no warranty and no help from jayco, even though it has only been in use for 5 days now.

The gas water heater will not turn on and the water pump I can hear running but is pumping nothing. Tried the one valve it has and it seems to be in the on position for water?

Getting help is next to impossible on line and Jayco refuses to help!

Does anyone know what the problem is? The electric water heater works and I do have pressure from my water tank about 30 feet up the hill from the trailer, maybe 22-25 pounds pressure??

Not enough for good shower or to wash dishes with good pressure.

Thank you Calen Tanner Lightheart
Since the camper has been sitting for a long time check this on your water heater. I have seen "mud dobbers" what we call them in the south. They pack the gas mixing tube full of mud then it hardens and you don't get airflow and then the water heater won't light on gas.

If the pressure is low on the water supply don't use a regulator and it will help.

Your pump has probably lost it's prime. That happens sometime and if it does you will have use the winterize suction hose to get water in the pump. Just pour some water down in the suction hose and just run the pump enough to pull some of the water into the pump. Then switch back to normal pump operation setting and it will probably work fine. Might have to repeat but usually do not.

Good luck hope you guys get back up to speed on your property. God bless.
1998 HitchHiker II 31 RLBG (Sold 2012)
2002 Ford F350 7.3L Turbo, Crew Cab, DRW, 4:10 (Mint, Garage Queen)
TnHiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 08:52 PM   #40
Site Team

I'm guessing your water tank has enough water in it for the pump to pick up, so it may be sucking air from somewhere. The low point drains, the outside shower faucets, a loose fitting in the plumbing, or if you do have the antifreeze suction hose by the pump, a valve or two in the wrong position.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote