Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-29-2022, 03:35 PM   #1

What the heck is this for?!

Hello all,

Thanks in advance for what is usually a helpful collection of thoughtful and sometimes humorous responses. Whilst replacing an original equipment water pump, which was not as easy as it was reported to be... another long story... I noticed a short length of hose attached to the water line that runs from the fresh tank to the pump. It does have a valve connected - apologies for the awkward pictures, but there isn't a lot of room under there...

We can obviously see that is a hose, but have no clue what it's intended use might be. It's about 2 feet long. Thanks in advance!~ Jeff
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0447.jpg   IMG_0452.jpg   IMG_0453.jpg  
3belkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 03:43 PM   #2
Site Team

That's for winterizing through the pump. Our TT has the same thing.

You turn a (some) valves (I have two), stick the end of that hose into the antifreeze jug, turn on the pump and it runs the antifreeze through the lines. Ours usually takes a couple of gallons.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2022, 04:17 PM   #3

Well there you have it, mystery solved... Here in Phoenix we don't really need to winterize so I had never looked into it... Thank you for the prompt reply!
Jeff
3belkhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2022, 05:40 PM   #4

My winterization process involves removing the water pump, opening all taps and emptying all pipes.
This pipe is a big help when I go to prime the pump, water flows better when all the plumbing has water, and I send water down this tube and open its valve until the pump draws and close it, then open the tank valve and I'm done. I have never used RV antifreeze.
Lazierfan is offline   Reply With Quote