Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-20-2020, 05:50 PM   #1
Wsw

Winterizing 2021 334rlok res fridge

I hate waiting till the last minute so have been going through my trailer making sure I know where everything is. Problem I found and not sure what to do about it.

Fridge is fed from a 5 gallon water jug on it's own water pump. Jug is under the sink and feeds a water spigot and has a t that goes under floor on top of fresh water tank and then to back of unit and ultimately outside of I beam to kitchen slide out. The only disconnect is at the back of fridge. There are many curls in the watermaker line as it is getting to the fridge.

Any one have any issues with just disconnecting the line at fridge and blowing back air to clear water back to the drain mounted outside ibeam. In looking at pex line underneath water is not going to drain from it so some water will stay in the blue pex line. I just worried about fridge water line and ice maker line freezing inside fridge and not sure how to drain water lines in the actual fridge. That is an 1800 fridge at lowes.
Wsw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 06:35 PM   #2
Wsw

Sorry found it from whirlpool. Pretty easy and straightforward. I probably will cut a new drain in underneath though to make sure all the water drains out of lines once I disconnect from fridge.
Old 10-28-2020, 02:50 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wsw View Post
Sorry found it from whirlpool. Pretty easy and straightforward. I probably will cut a new drain in underneath though to make sure all the water drains out of lines once I disconnect from fridge.
Where are you gonna disconnect the water line from the fridge and how do you get to it? I have a Whirlpool also.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 04:47 PM   #4
Wsw

I ended up running the line back to the island cut off valve. The fridge on the 2021 334rlok and I think most of the eagles run off that 5 gallon bottle of water using it's own pump.

I had a leak in the valve. Valve is located behind the drawer under the sink. Behind a 1 by 6 that is used to anchor the drawer. No way to turn valve off. I decided to cut it all out. Put pex in starting under floor in slide. Ran pex to fridge and put valve right below where fridge connects. I now have pex or half inch flexible from the 5 gallon jug to the fridge. I use a 12 inch reinforced ice maker line from valve to fridge.

There is a high spot in pex in underbelly so I cut in a drain there as well.

To winterize fridge all I do is shut off valve to fridge in island. Remove 12 inch line from valve to fridge. Open t valve on outside of I beam. Open new drain I cut in. This takes care of all my water in lines.

Then just follow whirlpool instructions to winterize fridge. Once I cut fridge off, rest of my lines are in heated underbelly.

The drain I cut in from the heated underbelly going to slide out takes care of about 2 feet of low pex which had no way to drain. Would freeze but probably not bust pex is tough.

I know about the water left in the fridge line because when I winterized per instructions and cut that line, i got soaked.

At first not sure I would like that water and ice in door. Now loving it. I did have to get another 5 gal jug of water. We go through it fast using fridge and ice. Also no need to filter outside. Fridge has it's own plus it comes from a sealed 5 gal jug.

I also cut in 2 access points in the unheated part of underbelly and stuffed insulation in the 6 inch hole wires and water line comes through on each side of coach. Not sure why you have a heated underbelly section with a 6 inch hole next to each I beam. Now my heated part is solid from front to the rear axle.
Old 10-28-2020, 05:59 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wsw View Post
I ended up running the line back to the island cut off valve. The fridge on the 2021 334rlok and I think most of the eagles run off that 5 gallon bottle of water using it's own pump.

I had a leak in the valve. Valve is located behind the drawer under the sink. Behind a 1 by 6 that is used to anchor the drawer. No way to turn valve off. I decided to cut it all out. Put pex in starting under floor in slide. Ran pex to fridge and put valve right below where fridge connects. I now have pex or half inch flexible from the 5 gallon jug to the fridge. I use a 12 inch reinforced ice maker line from valve to fridge.

There is a high spot in pex in underbelly so I cut in a drain there as well.

To winterize fridge all I do is shut off valve to fridge in island. Remove 12 inch line from valve to fridge. Open t valve on outside of I beam. Open new drain I cut in. This takes care of all my water in lines.

Then just follow whirlpool instructions to winterize fridge. Once I cut fridge off, rest of my lines are in heated underbelly.

The drain I cut in from the heated underbelly going to slide out takes care of about 2 feet of low pex which had no way to drain. Would freeze but probably not bust pex is tough.

I know about the water left in the fridge line because when I winterized per instructions and cut that line, i got soaked.

At first not sure I would like that water and ice in door. Now loving it. I did have to get another 5 gal jug of water. We go through it fast using fridge and ice. Also no need to filter outside. Fridge has it's own plus it comes from a sealed 5 gal jug.

I also cut in 2 access points in the unheated part of underbelly and stuffed insulation in the 6 inch hole wires and water line comes through on each side of coach. Not sure why you have a heated underbelly section with a 6 inch hole next to each I beam. Now my heated part is solid from front to the rear axle.
Thanks for all of that. Now I know why some just say run antifreeze through the fridge even though it says not to. Haven't heard from anyone on any down side to doing that. I don't have the 5 gallon jug. I have a water shutoff in the island and in the bottom draw next to fridge. I can blow out the lines but that won't get the icemaker line.
rkymntsno is offline   Reply With Quote