Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-28-2015, 09:46 PM   #11

Thank you Bookemdanno and sask934. Any other advice for winterizing is appreciated. A friend with a trailer scatters dryer sheets inside to keep rodents out. Also places bowls of salt in the fridge and freezer to keep the moisture down during the winter months.

#1Remembories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 03:50 AM   #12

This will be my first year with an electric heating element in the water heater. I think I read somewhere in the Atwood manual that they recommend flushing the WH tank seasonally, to maximize the lifespan of the electric element. That will add some time to my winterize process

2007 Chevy 2500HD Crew 4x4 Z71
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 12:16 AM   #13

my work schedule has gone up to 60 hours a week recently and hope to have the time to get it done. anyone ever take it to dealer to have it done for them? I hope to have a seasonal site by end of september but otherwise would be just a simple 45 min trip to dealer.
chuckerg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:24 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckerg View Post
my work schedule has gone up to 60 hours a week recently and hope to have the time to get it done. anyone ever take it to dealer to have it done for them? I hope to have a seasonal site by end of september but otherwise would be just a simple 45 min trip to dealer.
Start to finish the process takes less than 30 minutes even if you stop for a cold drink. That drive to the dealer and again for the pickup has to take a ton more time and expense. Sounds like maybe you're skidish about taking this on. Don't be, its not rocket science. If necessary its not a bad idea to get a friend who has some experience to come over and walk you thru it.

Bassdogs is offline   Reply With Quote