Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2017, 01:00 PM   #1

battery charging?

We have a 2011, 1007 pop up with electric lift. my question is, does the batter charge while rolling down the road connected to the tow vehicle and also when connected shore power?

Question 2. what kind of fitting do I need for the lift crank when the battery fails?
slipperysteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 01:31 PM   #2
Site Team

If your trailer plug is a seven terminal plug (TT has brakes) You should have 12 volt power to the camper battery through the top right terminal (looking into the socket on your tow vehicle, the black wire at 1:00 position). If the pop up is equipped with a power converter, the battery will charge when plugged into shore power. I'm assuming it has a 30 amp power cord. I'm no help on the crank, sorry.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 05:11 AM   #3

On our 1206 PUP, the same crank one uses to lower the support legs also fits the manual crank to raise and lower the camper top.......you might check it.

Jayco Jay Series 1206
Dodge Ram 1500, Hemi
Lifespalette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:30 AM   #4

As mentioned if your camper has the 7 pin round trailer plug then yes. However the other thing to check is does your tow vehicle have power going to that pin. They don't always include the fuse for that circuit. If you check the owner's manual you can check for the location of the fuse and make sure it is there. Or grab a volt meter/test lamp and see if the pin is hot. I want to say it is pin 4 at the 1 o'clock position but that is my truck. Depending on how they mounted the socket it might be rotated 90 or 180 from the way mine is. In most cases the ignition needs to be on to get 12V there. Most vehicles have a pretty big fuse on that circuit as well. I want to say a 30 or 40 amp. My last truck didn't come with the fuse in place. The current one did. Both GM vehicles so sometimes it is there and sometimes it isn't.