Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-30-2018, 02:56 PM   #1

Only 2 problems this time - Newbie

Hi guys,

Yes I'm still a newbie and I'm still trying to figure all this out. I have a 2006 Jay Select 12HW, the owners manual says the gray water tank has an outlet on the back of the camper, with a valve. I found the outlet easily enough but even after crawling under the trailer can't find a valve to turn it on and off. I uncork (my term) it and water comes out before I can put a hose on it. I found another outlet that seems to be a gray water clean out and this one has a valve. Problem, the one in back does drain the sink when it backs up, the one on the side doesn't. Neither seem to drain the tank completely. Help, which is which and why two and why doesn't one have a valve? The owners manual is not being forthcoming on any of this.

Last problem, I hope. Someone was messing with my awning when I wasn't there one night, and a couple of the poles are missing, since this is a 12 year old awning I'm having trouble finding the right poles, can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you all for your patience with a Newbie who seems to be more lost everyday.
the Beast, that's my Jayco Select 12HW...
Little Monster, my Little Guy T@B
Roux 'b Doux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:02 PM   #2

The clean water tank should have a petcock valve for draining by the back tire.I had my trailer for. Year before I found it. It's less than 1" and White. Good look.
Bakerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 03:42 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakerron View Post
The clean water tank should have a petcock valve for draining by the back tire.I had my trailer for. Year before I found it. It's less than 1" and White. Good look.
I have a feeling I found the clean water valve by mistake when cleaning out the tank. Something started draining spontaneously when we were filling the tank, near the back tire. Suspect I found the clean water tank. It's a start, thanks.
the Beast, that's my Jayco Select 12HW...
Little Monster, my Little Guy T@B
Roux 'b Doux is offline   Reply With Quote