Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #1

Warranty

I expect to buy a Jayco from a dealer not anywhere near me as I want special features and a better price.

How does Jayco handle warranty claims? Do they pay directly to dealer ?
Or do I pay the dealer and then Jayco reimburses me?

What if an authorized dealer is not nearby? A close Jayco dealer ( 60 miles one way ) sells only high end products and nothing like the travel traveler I want which is the Jay flight swift SLX 185. The next closest dealer is 110 miles away and states that I will pay 25 percent of any warranty work?
Offroader53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:07 AM   #2

That is new to me, warranty work should cost you nothing. Possibly the dealer is disgrundled about you buying elsewhere, but should still service your unit at no charge for warranty work. They may put you on the bottom of the list though. I would contact Jayco Customer Service and check with them. It would also be nice to know who and where that dealer is, in case someone else is in their area or traveling thru and needs warranty work. Keep us posted to the outcome. Good Luck.
short kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:23 AM   #3
Site Team

Jayco Pays not you

I had an issue on my front GEL cap (Nov 2013). The cap oxidized to a point where the top of the cap was pure white (should be dark brown) and was spreading down the front. I contacted Jayco and they told me to take it in to an authorized dealer. The one dealer that was about 30 miles away was totally booked and would not have done work until Feb of this year. So I called one in Ocala Fl, which is about 100 miles away. Took it in to be looked at, and they took pictures and sent them to Jayco. Jayco told them to paint the cap (had to be sanded down to the fiberglass and painted). I then requested that they repaint it with a light color that matches the side of the TT. Jayco approved, but stated that the paint would not be on warranty any longer. No problem for me as the paint is warranted for 5 year with the dealer and the Jayco warranty will have ended this August.

The Jayco dealer that did the warranty work billed Jayco and was paid directly by Jayco. Not a penny came out of my pocket for the Warranty work, other than the fuel to take it there and come back home with it.

I would call Jayco Support and tell them about the 25% charge. Jayco needs to be informed of these dealers, as they may be able to re-classify them as not authorized.

Don
Mustang65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:33 AM   #4

Location: Burson, CA In the foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mts.
I would never pay an "authorized" Jayco dealer one red cent for warranty work. I think Jayco would frown on this also. I have found that Jayco is very easy to work with when it is just not possible to have work done at an "authorized" dealer. I have had warranty work done both ways, pay for the work then submit bills to Jayco for payment and by working with a willing dealer and Jayco to have the work done then Jayco pays the dealer. If it is not a roadside emergency repair you should always notify Jayco first.

On my way home to California from the Jayco plant in Indiana (to have Jayco perform an unrelated repair) I had a wheel bearing go out on the trailer. This happened on a Friday night and I didn't want to sit there all weekend. Good Sam Roadside Assistance had me towed to a repair facility in the next town and the next morning the guy got me back on the road. I paid the bill and when I got home I called Jayco and they just had me send them copies of everything and later sent me a check for the full amount with no hassle what so ever.

I must say also that, even though we have had more issues with this trailer than I would like, Jayco has stepped up each and every time and taken care of the issue. I would buy another Jayco in a heartbeat mainly because they have been such a fantastic company to deal with.

Steve

Steve, Berne and Rascal
2012 Jayco 31.5 RLTS
2007 F250 Powerstroke
Panhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 09:36 AM   #5

I agree, since we fulltime we have not been back to the dealer we purchased our 5th Wheel from, just have not been anywhere close when we have needed warranty work done.

We have always been taken care of by Jayco's dealers across the country with warranty work and never paid anything out of pocket.
Rob_Fla is offline   Reply With Quote