Spent all of last week working on the rig. I brought it home from the storage yard on Monday, took it back on Friday morning. Next few posts will show some of the things I got done.
First off I got the Progressive Industries Electrical Management System installed:Progressive Industries RV Surge and Electrical Protection industry lea
In the Eagle HT 26.5 RLS, I thought the best place was behind the power distribution center under the stove - lots of room and easy access to the main power feed.
I didn't take a photo of where I put it - but it was easy to slide the power panel out (6 screws) and pull the 8-3 with Ground wires out of it and connected them to the input on the EMS - then I bought a 3 ft. length of same to go from the EMS to the Dist. Panel (Home Depot).
The real challenge was mounting the remote display. I wanted it up close to the monitor panel - but after reading people's posts about how the blinking display was a distraction I decided to put it in the cabinet over the sink.
I also wanted to mount the remote from the inexpensive battery monitor meter that has been discussed in several other threads.
First problem with this was getting the wires from under the stove to above the sink. If you remove the microwave you can see a bundle of wires running across from the back of the refrigerator to under the cabinet (which is hollow). I thought about removing the bottom of the dish cabinet but ultimately I was able to just fish the wire (by following a bundle of other wires) form behind the Power Panel, up the back of the refrigerator compartment across the back of the Microwave compartment and to the monitor panel. I was also able to fish a wire into the basement storage and across to the battery for the 12v monitor.
I got so busy fishing wires I forgot to take photos - but it's pretty obvious once you remove the microwave (4 screws). The only think you might not expect is how easy it is to fish the wire through the small space under the dish cabinet over the sink.
The series of photos in the next post show how I mounted the displays (after a previous attempt documented in one of the threads linked above).