Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-25-2016, 12:02 PM   #11

Really like the organization for the handles. Where did you source the clips?

Old 05-25-2016, 12:14 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyRay View Post
Re-keyed all Locks
I ordered keyed alike locks from RV Locks and More. I changed out the slam locks, the turn locks, even the small locks on the Level-up and water access doors.
The only downside is I didn't order an unkeyed latch for the right most slam latch in this photo. The RV Locks and More slam latches are more square than the original Jayco equipment so there is a mild missmatch - I'm gonna live with it.
FYI, I did the same as you with my locks. Once I saw the Slam Latches were different shaped, not only did I order a matching lock, I also noticed that the unlocked side can be opened a lot if pulled hard enough. So I ordered matching Locked handles for both. Since they are keyed-alike, it really only take another 4-5 seconds to unlock the 2nd one.
Love having only 1 key!

Dave...

2016 Eagle HT 29.5 BHDS Picked-up 4/1/16
2007 Rockwood ROO 21SS - SOLD
Aero_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 12:56 PM   #13

The clips were available at walmart with their organizer hooks and stuff. About $2 for 2. I cleaned out our store I liked them so much.
Old 05-25-2016, 01:36 PM   #14

Looks great. I have an outside receiver for my thermostat. Was wondering how to mount when at camp, and velcro is the answer for this one. Also, I like the clips for the tools hanging with velcro. My unit is so empty right now. Our old TT didnt have the outside storage we have now. I think I need to re-key my locks. I hate when I get the wrong purple key and I have to switch.

Aero_Dave - Do you have a copy of your invoice so I can copy what you bought? Send along your CC # too...I bet that will come in handy...LOL

(Traded 2015 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab with Timbrens)
spepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:01 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by spepi View Post
Aero_Dave - Do you have a copy of your invoice so I can copy what you bought? Send along your CC # too...I bet that will come in handy...LOL
Scott, sorry I don't. Just remove each keyed cylinder and measure the arm length (as noted on their web site) http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/camlockmeasure.gif so you don't get anything wrong.
Also note on the slam latch locks, the 4 arms are just a tab longer than our stock ones. http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/BLL-40101-2006_side_m.png
But since they are made of pot steel, I just used a file on them to shorten them just a bit. It only took about 30 seconds per arm to get them short enough. Otherwise when you screw them in, they won't be tight enough to create a good seal against the doors.
I didn't do the convenience center door yet, because RV Locks doesn't have any cam lock arms for sale yet. The stock lock (as Buddy noted) is a cheap press-fit unit and the arm is not removable. I have been unable to find anyone who sells them either. But I did order the 7/8" replacement lock already so I'll be ready when I can find a replacement arm.
Sorry, DW said no sharing the CC info.

Dave...

Old 05-25-2016, 02:24 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aero_Dave View Post
Scott, sorry I don't. Just remove each keyed cylinder and measure the arm length (as noted on their web site) http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/camlockmeasure.gif so you don't get anything wrong.
Also note on the slam latch locks, the 4 arms are just a tab longer than our stock ones. http://www.rvlocksandmore.com/BLL-40101-2006_side_m.png
But since they are made of pot steel, I just used a file on them to shorten them just a bit. It only took about 30 seconds per arm to get them short enough. Otherwise when you screw them in, they won't be tight enough to create a good seal against the doors.
I didn't do the convenience center door yet, because RV Locks doesn't have any cam lock arms for sale yet. The stock lock (as Buddy noted) is a cheap press-fit unit and the arm is not removable. I have been unable to find anyone who sells them either. But I did order the 7/8" replacement lock already so I'll be ready when I can find a replacement arm.
Sorry, DW said no sharing the CC info.

Dave...
Thanks Dave. I just went through the 70 or so PM's we did, and I found your list. Its about 150.00 or so for them all. I dont blam the DW...for saying no....HAHA

(Traded 2015 Toyota Tundra SR5 Double Cab with Timbrens)
spepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 02:54 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by spepi View Post
Thanks Dave. I just went through the 70 or so PM's we did, and I found your list. Its about 150.00 or so for them all. I dont blam the DW...for saying no....HAHA
Scott, not if you get the 900 series locks like I did. They cost More
Plus I now have keyed-locks on Both Slam Latch Doors handles.

More in the $235 range for everything!

Dave...

Old 05-25-2016, 03:23 PM   #18

Rusty - those clips came from Home Depot. They only had one size and color (white) but they worked. I found a bunch of others on Amazon.com but wasn't sure of the size, strength, etc. so I just picked up what I could see/touch.

Dave - I kinda did the opposite on the slam locks. On one side I had dual locks, on the other I had one lock and one latch. I changed out the side with dual locks to one and one. I know you can pull it open a bit but not much stored there that can fit through that space - and if you really pull hard I'm quite sure you can pull the door completely off.
As they say - locks are to keep honest people honest.
But you're right, only having one key is excellent!
Ford 2016 F150 Lariat, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:27 PM   #19

Spepi,
Re the arm that isn't removable on the "press fit" locks.
Anything is removable with enough force :-).
The "arm" is standard, it's just riveted on with cheap metal instead of screwed on. I took the whole lock to my bench grinder and filed the rivet head it down till I could knock the arm off the old lock. It fit perfectly on the new lock.
I suspect if you don't have a bench grinder that you could file it off. It would just take longer.
Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank
Reese Sidewinder and Reese Titan 16k hitch
BuddyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:33 PM   #20

OK, last mod for a while.
I guess this qualifies as a "mod" - it's pretty simple.

I'm a clutz. I've hit my head on the corner of the closet slide twice in the Month I've owned this rig. It's just the right height to catch me when I come out of two of my storage bays.
I've seen the commercial solutions. And I've seen the "noodle" solutions. I was going to buy a noodle but all the ones I've seen lately are garrish colors.

Then I spied these in Home Depot today. They are insulation corners for copper pipes. I got the ones for 2 inch pipe (I think) - your size may vary. They fit perfectly on the corners of this small slide. And since the trim on the FW is black and so are they - they look great. No they won't stop me from hitting my head on the slide - but they will stop me from gouging my scalp on the corners - which is what I've been doing.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1506.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	24389

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1505.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	24390

Max Tow Pkg, 36gal tank