Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-01-2019, 12:38 PM   #3081

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
Lol Al! I know exactly what you mean. Mine fills about the same rate as I use it. Usually I’ll flip the switch once the needle on the dash shows 3/4 full. But after this last trip out west going up multiple 10-15% grades, I’m thinking I may add an in line pump. Only had about 200 or so miles without the trailer hitched so it was definitely drinking some fuel
Attachment 55065
Tom, this is the one I added behind the solenoid, really makes a difference. They are on the same switch so they come on simultaneously.

https://www.amazon.com/MegaFlint-Uni...%2C248&sr=1-23
2017 RAM 3500 DRW DIESEL/AISIN 4.10 AIR BAGS
B&W COMPANION TURN OVER BALL HITCH
Formerly from Sequim, WA
AKRUEBBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 01:45 PM   #3082

Well here I am, three weeks and two days after placing my 2019 RAM in the hands of...the dealer. Friday when I put it in to the shop to repair the 'new' headliner they had installed they started out-it will be ready 'same day'. Then it turned into Monday...then nothing..for a week. I finally got someone to talk to me. It is disheartening to purchase a $40,000 vehicle and be treated like a criminal. To quote the dealer GM in August: "Don't you worry about a thing, I'll make sure we take care of it." In September: "Really? I'll make sure we get this right, give me a chance tom make some calls." In October: "Don't worry, I'll get this handled." In November: "Why did you call Corporate? You didn't have to call Corporate! I told you I'd take care of it, why'd you do that?" Then he put the Parts and Service guy with the service writer on the phone and we had a 'conversation'. Then, on 11-20 I made a trip to the dealership (65 miles from my house) to take a 'test drive' so they could diagnose droning. But before I got there, while on the phone with the service adviser and Parts and Service Mgr, he decided to 'shout me down' because "You are a 'troublemaker' complaining about everything and calling everyone expecting them to do something for me. You have Joe's number, you have Richard's number, you have everyone's number and you call Albino and tell him how 'bad' we treat you." He then told me he wanted me to only communicate with Richard, no one else, and if I did, he would tell all 'these people' I really didn't want my vehicle worked on.

Just shut up. No I didn't say it but I thought it.

Friday i went by the dealership because the loaner was approaching 3,800 miles and temp tag expires 11-30-19. Was told: "Drive it, come back Monday, we'll retag it, don't worry about the miles." I had previously been admonished to return to the dealership BEFORE 3,800 miles. Did my part...

Meanwhile got a call from Albino, to make sure I knew 'status' of my vehicle. First delay was the replacement headliner that took SIX MONTHS to get here was damaged installing it. Replacement headliner came in, and trying to reinstall sun visors, found they had both been damaged, AND headliner ordered by VIN came in with wrong wiring harness. Oh, and Safelite broke the 'new' windshield just installed at the end of October...then there is the damage to the right side curtain air bag, all in a voicemail. And he is out of the office all week, have a great Thanksgiving. Parts 'ordered' from suppliers.

My vehicle went into the shop 10-14, came out late 10-28. Back in 11-8, been there since...and I'm a 'troublemaker'.

So much for going camping any time soon...
kblast523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:23 PM   #3083

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKRUEBBE View Post
Tom, this is the one I added behind the solenoid, really makes a difference. They are on the same switch so they come on simultaneously.

https://www.amazon.com/MegaFlint-Uni...%2C248&sr=1-23

Thanks Al. I was actually looking at the same unit earlier but the higher power one.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 02:30 PM   #3084

Kblast523

Sorry you’re not getting anything resembling customer service. I think I’d keep hounding corporate until the dealer actually shows with actions that they’re “taking care of it”. Another option is to post your experience with them on social media. Once you’ve got their attention, I’d bet your situation gets resolved quickly. No company wants the bad PR on the various social media outlets. I’d also tell them to give you a loaner truck similar to yours so you can pull the camper.

Old 12-01-2019, 03:23 PM   #3085

Bunch of Bull

Quote:
Kblast523

Sorry you’re not getting anything resembling customer service. I think I’d keep hounding corporate until the dealer actually shows with actions that they’re “taking care of it”. Another option is to post your experience with them on social media. Once you’ve got their attention, I’d bet your situation gets resolved quickly. No company wants the bad PR on the various social media outlets. I’d also tell them to give you a loaner truck similar to yours so you can pull the camper.

A little history: Bought truck from Texas CDJR in Amarillo, Tx on 4-9-19. Took it back on 4-17-19 because it was delivereed without performing Federal mandated safety recalls, and short list of issues including headliner cosmetics.
Dealer kept it over night, and on the original service order stated 'headliner cannot be repaired, parts ordered'. Also could not 'duplicate' Automatic Noise Cancellation issue where as the Multi Displacement System varies between four and eight cylinder operation, ANC is supposed to cancel out harmonics generated in the exhaust system. Headliner had estimated ship date of 7-21.

I waited. Returned three times, tech heard what I was taling about with the droning, told me 'to bring it in when the headliner gets here.'

First week of August I was in Amarillo, stopped by to check on headliner status. Parts counter guy gave me a deer-in-the-headlights look and said 'what headliner?' I found dealership GM Joe Harless and told him my circumstances and displeasure...he said he'd take care of it. I came home and got on 5thgenrams site, got Alex to 'make a referal' and escalate my case. Got correspondence from 'Judith' who was assigned my case. Got a phone call from her a couple of days later, requesting information regarding who I had talked to at the dealership. She reported that she had attempted to call Parts Manager numerous times, GM numerous times, service writer had talked to her but COULD NOT DO what she was asking him to do because he 'had no authority'. A week later I had not heard from her, called her number and mailbox was full. Redialed FCA customer service line and got someone else who said Marylin was now my case manager because Judith had quit the case due to being unable to get the dealership to respond.

During the next two weeks, Marylin and I spoke several times. She, too, was unable to get the dealership to respond. Over Labor Day weekend my wife ended up in the hospital in Amarillo with ruptured appendix (she is fully recovered), and I stopped in to check on status of headliner, again. Talked to Henry, parts counter guy. He told me he had ordered the headliner in April. It nationwide backordered. The dealer didn't prioritize it and after 60 days in 'went away'. And my current order wasn't prioritized and would 'go away' October 8 if it didn't get 'prioritized. I called Marylin and told her what I had learned. She told me that she, nor her supervisors could get anything done at the dealer level, no one had 'authority' to do anything, and no one who did would answer the phone.

On October 3, I submitted through Texas DMV, a Lemon Law complaint. On October 5 the DMV rep in Dallas called me, my wife on October 7 he spoke with my wife. My certified return receipt to FCA in Auburn Hills, Mi shows they received my complaint October 5, as well as Texas DMV complaint. I was called by the dealership on October 10 to have it there on October 14 to replace headliner, do additional recall, change oil and address any additional 'problems' I was happening. On October 14, headliner was not there, no windshield had been ordered, and when the headliner did get there, it had the wrong wiring harness.

I was presented a bill for over $400 'to install customer ordered windshield'. The Regional Manager of Parts and service told them to refund that, it was part of 'factory procedure' to replace the headliner.

In the process of changing the original headliner, somebody left parallel scratches in the leather steering wheel from about 700pm on the face of the wheel, to about 900pm on the back. The sun visors were damaged. The passenger side air curtain was damaged. The windshield had an air leak and 'whistled' at 60mph. And of course, the headliner was damaged by the improperly installed sun visors, and the wiring harness received with the second headliner didn't have plugs for the vanity lights or homelink. And the harness installed the first time had been compromised and was rendered unusable. And they returned my truck to me with oil all over the left side of the engine.

The dealer service manager called me a 'troublemaker'. I'll hold on to that one until I get my vehicle back.
Old 12-01-2019, 04:12 PM   #3086

Gave mine a bath. Boy was it dirty.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3376.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	274.2 KB
ID:	55105

Next up is the trailer but it’ll have to wait for another day.

Old 12-01-2019, 07:25 PM   #3087

I started it a few hours ago after being away for 10 days...started right up...wel after it did the pre-heat startup for the DEF. It sucks coming home to the 50's after being in the 80's! But I guess it could be worse...it could have been A LOT colder!
Old 12-07-2019, 06:08 PM   #3088

Found a great deal on a 2019 Ram 3500 4x2 DRW and could not pass it up. No more gas pumps for us.
Old 12-07-2019, 07:56 PM   #3089

Sold the DW's (our original tow vehicle when we started with a TT) SUV today. Guess I'll be car shopping next week! Any suggestions for replacement of an Infiniti QX56? It's been a great vehicle for the last 10 years! She already has an appointment tomorrow after church to test drive the new Lincoln Aviator.
Old 12-07-2019, 11:08 PM   #3090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookemdanno View Post
I started it a few hours ago after being away for 10 days...started right up...wel after it did the pre-heat startup for the DEF. It sucks coming home to the 50's after being in the 80's! But I guess it could be worse...it could have been A LOT colder!

Congrats on the new truck

Old 12-07-2019, 11:08 PM   #3091

Quote:
Sold the DW's (our original tow vehicle when we started with a TT) SUV today. Guess I'll be car shopping next week! Any suggestions for replacement of an Infiniti QX56? It's been a great vehicle for the last 10 years! She already has an appointment tomorrow after church to test drive the new Lincoln Aviator.

Maybe take a look at the Ford Expedition

Old 12-08-2019, 08:33 AM   #3092

Followup

Quote:
Originally Posted by kblast523 View Post
A little history: Bought truck from Texas CDJR in Amarillo, Tx on 4-9-19. Took it back on 4-17-19 because it was delivereed without performing Federal mandated safety recalls, and short list of issues including headliner cosmetics.
Dealer kept it over night, and on the original service order stated 'headliner cannot be repaired, parts ordered'. Also could not 'duplicate' Automatic Noise Cancellation issue where as the Multi Displacement System varies between four and eight cylinder operation, ANC is supposed to cancel out harmonics generated in the exhaust system. Headliner had estimated ship date of 7-21.

I waited. Returned three times, tech heard what I was taling about with the droning, told me 'to bring it in when the headliner gets here.'

First week of August I was in Amarillo, stopped by to check on headliner status. Parts counter guy gave me a deer-in-the-headlights look and said 'what headliner?' I found dealership GM Joe Harless and told him my circumstances and displeasure...he said he'd take care of it. I came home and got on 5thgenrams site, got Alex to 'make a referal' and escalate my case. Got correspondence from 'Judith' who was assigned my case. Got a phone call from her a couple of days later, requesting information regarding who I had talked to at the dealership. She reported that she had attempted to call Parts Manager numerous times, GM numerous times, service writer had talked to her but COULD NOT DO what she was asking him to do because he 'had no authority'. A week later I had not heard from her, called her number and mailbox was full. Redialed FCA customer service line and got someone else who said Marylin was now my case manager because Judith had quit the case due to being unable to get the dealership to respond.

During the next two weeks, Marylin and I spoke several times. She, too, was unable to get the dealership to respond. Over Labor Day weekend my wife ended up in the hospital in Amarillo with ruptured appendix (she is fully recovered), and I stopped in to check on status of headliner, again. Talked to Henry, parts counter guy. He told me he had ordered the headliner in April. It nationwide backordered. The dealer didn't prioritize it and after 60 days in 'went away'. And my current order wasn't prioritized and would 'go away' October 8 if it didn't get 'prioritized. I called Marylin and told her what I had learned. She told me that she, nor her supervisors could get anything done at the dealer level, no one had 'authority' to do anything, and no one who did would answer the phone.

On October 3, I submitted through Texas DMV, a Lemon Law complaint. On October 5 the DMV rep in Dallas called me, my wife on October 7 he spoke with my wife. My certified return receipt to FCA in Auburn Hills, Mi shows they received my complaint October 5, as well as Texas DMV complaint. I was called by the dealership on October 10 to have it there on October 14 to replace headliner, do additional recall, change oil and address any additional 'problems' I was happening. On October 14, headliner was not there, no windshield had been ordered, and when the headliner did get there, it had the wrong wiring harness.

I was presented a bill for over $400 'to install customer ordered windshield'. The Regional Manager of Parts and service told them to refund that, it was part of 'factory procedure' to replace the headliner.

In the process of changing the original headliner, somebody left parallel scratches in the leather steering wheel from about 700pm on the face of the wheel, to about 900pm on the back. The sun visors were damaged. The passenger side air curtain was damaged. The windshield had an air leak and 'whistled' at 60mph. And of course, the headliner was damaged by the improperly installed sun visors, and the wiring harness received with the second headliner didn't have plugs for the vanity lights or homelink. And the harness installed the first time had been compromised and was rendered unusable. And they returned my truck to me with oil all over the left side of the engine.

The dealer service manager called me a 'troublemaker'. I'll hold on to that one until I get my vehicle back.

Another week, another excuse. I was refunded for labor changed to "install windshield". Have had as many as three conversations a week with the service writer. Matter of fact, Richard called me Thursday to report the dealership had located "the proper parts" to fix my vehicle. Should have my vehicle back by next week.

Then I got a call from the Regional Director Parts and Service. We conversed about what I was doing-hanging Christmas lights....and then he asked if I had talked to Richard. Yes, just talked to him yesterday. Told me I should have my truck back possibly next week. Short pause, no, not likely. He then told me he did not know what the source of problems and he was 'confounded' by the problem getting the correct parts for my vehicle, as he had not seen this in 20 years of experience. He said they 'put eyes on' the headliner they located and it was not the correct one. They are still 'looking'. As of today my vehicle has been in their shop all but 10 days since October 14, 2019. That's working on nine weeks folks, then I can quit spelling the number of weeks, and work on the number of months.

Next conversation I have with RDP&S will be: Let me pick a vehicle from dealer's inventory, and you. arrange the even trade. Enough is enough.
Old 12-08-2019, 10:21 AM   #3093

Quote:
As of today my vehicle has been in their shop all but 10 days since October 14, 2019. That's working on nine weeks folks, then I can quit spelling the number of weeks, and work on the number of months.Next conversation I have with RDP&S will be: Let me pick a vehicle from dealer's inventory, and you. arrange the even trade. Enough is enough.
Lawyer up and lemon law that thing. Then go get a Ford or Chevy.
TCNashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:25 PM   #3094
Site Team

This is becoming a familiar scene with the wife's Ram unfortunately.
Attached Thumbnails
20191208_182554.jpg  
Midnightmoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 10:53 AM   #3095

Quote:
Maybe take a look at the Ford Expedition
I bought her a BMW X7 last night! I guess it's her 20th wedding anniversary gift and Christmas...so I'm done shopping for her for a good while!
Old 12-10-2019, 10:58 AM   #3096

Quote:
I bought her a BMW X7 last night! I guess it's her 20th wedding anniversary gift and Christmas...so I'm done shopping for her for a good while!

Congrats! That should get you a couple kitchen passes [emoji3]

Old 12-10-2019, 01:39 PM   #3097

Quote:
Very nice, congratulations!
robkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2019, 01:34 PM   #3098

Midnight Moon

Quote:
Just shut up. No I didn't say it but I thought it.

My vehicle went into the shop 10-14, came out late 10-28. Back in 11-8, been there since...and I'm a 'troublemaker'.
Thanks for asking. Got a call from Richard at Texas CDJR last Thursday, "...you should have your vehicle back by the end of next week." That was THIS week in case anyone is wondering.

Got a call from FCA Regional mgr of parts and service last Friday (one week ago yesterday)...after 90 seconds of small talk, have you spoken with Richard? Yes. When? Yesterday. What did he tell you? He told me I should have my vehicle back by the end of next week (yesterday). "Don't count on it."

He then went on to say in his 30 years with Chrysler and FCA he had never seen a case where a dealer was completely unable to obtain the correct part for a vehicle. He stated "I am confounded". Me too.

As information, I can get in a MoPar parts catalogue on line and see 'the parts' and the variations thereof. There is a different part number for trim lines, options, and color as seen in the catalogue. The dealer is ordering parts by VIN # and it is supposed to be 'foolproof', but they have received FIVE IDENTICAL HEADLINERS that do not have the correct wiring harness.

So here we are, while the morons at the shop keep ordering the wrong part, getting it 'overnighted' only to find it is the wrong one.

I had previously invoked the "Lemon Law", which got the first headliner here in less than two weeks. My vehicle has now, as of today, been in the shop 57 of the last 67 days, NO END IN SIGHT.
Old 12-14-2019, 01:57 PM   #3099
Site Team

Thank you for the update. This is an amazing situation to say the least. I'll be interested to follow this until you get some type of resolution.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 03:52 PM   #3100

Traded for a 2019 Ram 3500 4x2 CTD DRW HO Cummins. Max tow package. What a tow rig.