Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-26-2016, 05:54 PM   #11

Our local dealer does not take appointments - this is part of our frustration.

They have told us that the leaking issues have been repaired so no further damage should be occurring.

It sounds like some folks have had very good experiences with repairs and others not so good. I will consider contacting Jayco directly to see if they will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djohnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:19 PM   #12

Our 2015 White Hawk had some shower issues that caused a wall to start sagging and falling apart in the kitchen side of the wall. We contacted the dealer and sent him required pictures. He told us he would order a new wall panel from Jayco and thought he would have it in about two weeks. I figured closer to a month, if then.

About three weeks later, the service manager called to say the panel was in and when could we schedule it's installation. We went up the following Tuesday and told him we could not return until Thursday or Friday at the earliest, so no rush. He called Wednesday to tell us it was ready.

When we arrived Thursday, he had forgotten that they were going to remove and re-caulk the entire shower stall. So, we killed a couple of hours while one of his techs could finish the work.

Sounds like the OP has a legitimate beef with his dealer.

Murff

Andersen Hitch
Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 06:32 PM   #13

I have had two warranty issues in my first year. My dealer is 140 miles away so I take pictures of the problem and email to my salesman. Within a week they have approval from Jayco then its waiting for parts. The first problem was a mattress that pulled apart at the seems and the small vent on the exterior HWT cover blew off on the freeway somewhere. The new cover showed up a week later by UPS, and the new mattress arrived by freight a few weeks later. Now I have a problem with paint flaking off on the entry door, claim approved within a few days, Jayco has ordered a new door from Lippert and says it may take a month before it arrives. My dealer has continued to go above and beyond what I expected after reading all the horror stories here and on other forums.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:52 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by djohnsn View Post
Our local dealer does not take appointments - this is part of our frustration.

They have told us that the leaking issues have been repaired so no further damage should be occurring.

It sounds like some folks have had very good experiences with repairs and others not so good. I will consider contacting Jayco directly to see if they will help.

Complaining directly to Jayco seems to have done some good. I picked up the camper Saturday.

Of course the quality of repairs leaves a lot to be desired. Some of the "repairs" will have to be redone before the camper is really usable.

djohnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:22 PM   #15
Dan

We dropped off our FW to our dealer today with an extensive ten-item list of warranty work. They told us they would have it at least 2-3 months. Since our camping season was done anyway it did not bother me. Heck, they can keep it all winter in a nice warm bay if they care to.

2013 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7L CTD DRW CCLB
2015 Eagle 355MBQS
B&W Companion Hitch
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:37 PM   #16

Service

Ours has been in service all summer long may thru today granted we mainly use it for the winter in az but lets get real on service times better yet what is the factory doing to stop the poor workmanship that's the problem or their supplier of the junk it's not all Jaycos fault Iam finding out

My garage is offline   Reply With Quote