Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2016, 05:35 PM   #21

2017 Melbourne not sealed

Heads UP!!! We took our 6 month old Melbourne in and had slide toppers added to the 2 slides. The Service guy said it was a good thing we brought it in. When they removed the gutters over the slides, the factory had not caulked under the gutters and it would of being leaking inside our wall in no time. Why does the factory have to hurry thru their job on something that they want to sell for $100,000. I didn't buy a Thor because I wanted a quality product.

Jayco 2017 Melbourne

LindaInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:36 PM   #22

We are curious! We were told by our dealer that toppers couldn't be put on our 2017 Melbourne k. Said the back one would block the camera and the side didn't have enough room between the roof and slide. We were very disappointed. Who did you go to when you had them installed? We've always had slide awnings and think they're very important.

koko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 10:08 PM   #23

Pictures of your install as well.
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 10:05 PM   #24

I agree the radio dvd is so hard to figure out we installed a dvd player
Ome one needs to write the manual in English.
Garry
gfisher100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:32 PM   #25

We just took two 3-week, back-to-back trips. On this last one, we stayed mostly in State Parks without hookups. We are enjoying this motorhome so much. Everything works well, and the quality is good. We are lacking for nothing. I will say, when winds get above about 25 mph, this thing is kind of scary to drive. It never jerks into another lane, but it rocks, and the wind makes it noisy inside. As we've traveled, we've asked others about this issue; and apparently View, Siesta...all of these smaller, high profile motorhomes are a bit of a challenge in the wind. We only discussed this with others who had a tow vehicle. We haven't taken her out without towing, but we're thinking that makes a big difference. What has your experience been?
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
Old 09-12-2016, 10:56 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko View Post
We just took two 3-week, back-to-back trips. On this last one, we stayed mostly in State Parks without hookups. We are enjoying this motorhome so much. Everything works well, and the quality is good. We are lacking for nothing. I will say, when winds get above about 25 mph, this thing is kind of scary to drive. It never jerks into another lane, but it rocks, and the wind makes it noisy inside. As we've traveled, we've asked others about this issue; and apparently View, Siesta...all of these smaller, high profile motorhomes are a bit of a challenge in the wind. We only discussed this with others who had a tow vehicle. We haven't taken her out without towing, but we're thinking that makes a big difference. What has your experience been?
I installed a Hellwig sway bar and SumoSprings bump stops and it is not white knuckle driving anymore. If I didn't mention it here before I did on the sprinter-source forum which is good source for all your Sprinter chassis questions and also General RV questions. Very simple and cheap to DIY. About 6 bolts and your done.
Old 09-14-2016, 05:02 PM   #27

Thanks for the reply pfflyer. What vehicle do you tow?
1980 Shasta 21; 1981 Coleman Tent Trailer
1978 VW Westfalia; lots of tents
Old 09-14-2016, 05:15 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by koko View Post
Thanks for the reply pfflyer. What vehicle do you tow?
I haven't towed it with the Melbourne yet but a 2002 Toyota MR2. I have flat towed it several times with my self converted Sprinter 2500 van.

Click image for larger version

Name:	The Toad.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	26807
Old 10-04-2016, 03:33 PM   #29

We have been on a 29 day trip. We had these slide toppers installed by a rv service shop for $1000. Yes the back one blocks 1/2 of the camera. But my husband rarely uses the camera. As I stated once before, the radio has so many buttons and is hard to figure out. Anyway while on the trip we had a rain storm one night and when the slide came in the next morning, it was bone dry. Usually I have to take a towel and dry the back one off. Definitely a good decision to get the back one.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:43 PM   #30

While we were on our trip, our stabilizers started acting up and then one time one of the stabilizers would not retract. My husband had to go under and unbolt it and tie it up out of the way. He has not had time to work on it since we got back, but will have to this week as we are leaving again. Has this happened to anyone else?

2017 Melbourne