Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-24-2021, 10:40 AM   #21

Good luck. One suggestion I read about here on the PDI was to have one person take notes and the other person shoot video. Seemed like a good suggestion!
Old 11-24-2021, 11:16 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel112r View Post
30z has arrived. Received call Monday, dealer has it and was in the process of getting it cleaned up from delivery drive. Their inspection to follow. I will go do PDI and pick it up after the first of December. Only items noted so far, SS wheel covers in place of aluminum wheels that were on build sheet. Windshield shade and solar panel are there that were not on build sheet. I am across the state, so as yet have not seen it.
Any proposal from the dealer on how they will resolve the discrepancies between what you ordered and what you got?
ait109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 11:30 AM   #23

Hopefully all goes well with the PDI. Enjoy!

2018 Jayco 28RLS
2012 F-250 6.2L 3.73
Equalizer Hitch
Yamaha 2400ISHC
2edgesword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2021, 04:50 PM   #24

Congratulations.
Funengineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 09:22 AM   #25

No answer to that yet. It will be brought up. The Ss looks fine in pics I have seen, main difference and not a big concern is added weight. We shall see. The solar and windshield shade were not on original build sheet. Give and take maybe.
Rebel112r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 10:18 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ait109 View Post
Any news? Dealer told me on 10/26 that they were invoiced by Entegra which usually means that is it built and ready to be shipped to them (his words). Dealer also told me it might be missing the leveling jacks and solar that I ordered, and they would install it if it was missing.

But, here I am 3 weeks later and dealer still doesn't know where the coach is.
Dealer emailed me today to say the rig has arrived (Odyssey 25R). It's definitely missing the solar option but they've offered to install the factory spec'd solar or any other upgrade we want (for an additional cost).
Old 12-20-2021, 11:42 AM   #27

Just wanted to say I picked up my rig this weekend. Went there on Friday and did my PDI, noticed a few items, spent the night there and noted a few more items, which were almost all taken care of on Saturday before we left.

These were all addressed:
- Wet bay valve settings did not match label (did not need to be completely disassembled),
- Outdoor shower leaking (simple tightening),
- Indoor shower hot/cold reversed (removed assembly, reversed connections, resealed),
- Indoor shower showerhead mount upside down (mount removed and repositioned),
- one of the furnace ducts was disconnected sending hot air into the space beneath the cabinets (reattached),
- Deadbolt on door would not engage (door latch adjusted),
- recliner pushed up against dinette and rubbing (hold downs loosened, recliner shifted over by 1"),
- Passenger seat sensor wire (located under seat) for air bags was mostly severed (spliced)
- Found a plastic cap under the driver seat and a plastic cap in the outdoor kitchen sink -- technician visually confirmed that they were the left end cap for the awning (went on roof to install the end cap and check the fit of the right end cap which looked loose)

The only two items that were not addressed
- Leveling jacks - parts ordered
- LED accent lighting under kitchen counters - wires are not attached to anything - Dealer needs to contact Jayco to get wiring diagram to determine where it is supposed to go to.

Some additional notes,

- As part of testing the wet bay valves, the fresh water tank was filled until it overflowed. When I checked the tank after my 300 mile drive home, it was only 1/3 full. So yes, that is still an issue and is on my to-do list.
- When I got home I wanted to vacuum the house battery area as I saw some loose wire strands that were probably the result of the solar install. I had some difficulty removing the battery cover step. When I went to reinstall the step, the right side hook wouldn't go in - it was as if there was no space for it. I went underneath and saw that the fresh water tank is directly next to the batteries and probably shifted a bit - that is why it was hard to take the step out as the hook on the step was probably pressing and bending the side of the tank (bad!). I emptied some of the remaining water in the tank and was able to use a long wrench as a lever to shift the tank half an inch towards the drivers side. I need to study this a little more as I'm not a fan of the fresh water tank being able to shift like that.
- The first rat's nest of wires to deal with is underneath the electric step. I should have had that tidied up at the dealer before leaving as they were dangling really low by the time I got home.
- 9 mpg from Las Vegas to Phoenix (1000 ft elevation loss), driving between 70 and 80 miles per hour when possible (I was by myself). Rig is reasonably quiet on smooth roads at lower speeds, but at those higher speeds it was quite loud on less than perfect roads. While the suspension could use some adjustments, and I had to make constant adjustments in crosswinds (and it didn't look so good to the wife in the chase car), I never felt concerned about the handling. I'm sure if I slowed down to 65 everything would have been fine.

That's all for now.

Best wishes for everyone else that is still waiting.
Old 12-20-2021, 08:19 PM   #28

Hope you have real good Insurance driving it at 80 mph you will need it if you ever have a front tire flat. Ask me how I know I use to have 45 ft Newmar. Use to is the Key word, after I got it stopped, Me and DW decided no more thrill rides for us so we downsized to a 31 ft Class “C” lot easier to drive . At that time I had been driving all size trucks for over 20 yrs never had that kind of thrill ride driving a big truck with a front flat…..
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 06:31 AM   #29

Hey y’all. I’m in Tennessee and just purchased my 30z that was sitting on the lot, and I found three more within 4 hours of me so they are coming in. They are prepping it and taking care of a few adjustments, like the window blinds and the recliners. Does anyone have issues with the recliner? These seem to be difficult to operate and hoping it is just an adjustment. The bed is terrible so we added a sleep number bed into the deal. Hope it works since I have never slept on one, and there are mixed reviews. Overall has nice bells and whistles, and excited about having solar.
Any opinions on your rigs?
Lawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 06:36 AM   #30

Check out the Hellwig sway bars. I installed them front and rear on my Greyhawk and made a world of difference
Lawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:26 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lawdawg View Post
Hey y’all. I’m in Tennessee and just purchased my 30z that was sitting on the lot, and I found three more within 4 hours of me so they are coming in. They are prepping it and taking care of a few adjustments, like the window blinds and the recliners. Does anyone have issues with the recliner? These seem to be difficult to operate and hoping it is just an adjustment. The bed is terrible so we added a sleep number bed into the deal. Hope it works since I have never slept on one, and there are mixed reviews. Overall has nice bells and whistles, and excited about having solar.
Any opinions on your rigs?
The mechanisms on the recliners are not the greatest but for us (less than 6' tall and 150lbs) they are very comfortable for sitting and lounging. One opens easily but the other really requires a hard pull on the latch. They both also require a little extra effort to close - that was something that I noticed at the RV shows prior to purchase and was aware of. Also the recliner in ours was pushed up adjacent to the dinette so that it was rubbing when opening and closing - we had the recliner repositioned an inch to eliminate the rubbing.

The mattress on my corner bed is very firm - comfortable for back sleepers but not so good for side sleepers.
Old 01-03-2022, 06:23 PM   #32

Our recliners work fine opening, but closing them takes a little work. We used our 30z about 8 times in 2021 and it's been great and trouble-free, though the levelers can be temperamental. We love the floor plan and it drives fine.