Here's what I did to "fix" that issue on my unit. I found where the awning light wire came into the camper. It was in back of the bedroom dresser drawer. The original wires from the switch panel ran to the brows first and then fed to the awning, so I pulled a new wire through the basement from the switch panel to the dresser point where the wires went to the awning. Separated the originals and capped off the feed from the brows and hooked the new wire to the awning lights and installed a new switch in the panel to control them. Also had to move the wire from remote relay to the new feed to the awning feed.
2016 Eagle 293 RKDS
2016 2500HD Double Cab Long Box, 6.0