Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-25-2016, 06:57 PM   #1
Mirror falling in bathroom

Anyone know how to fix mirror in bathroom on medicine cabinet that's coming off?
Our appears to be slowly sliding down cabinet wooden door. It's only on by double side tape.
While at the service center for month the heat caused it to slide about 2 inches down. But we can't seem to get it to budge w/out fear of breaking it.
Didn't know if we heat the mirror w/ blow dryer if it would cause damage to mirror.
Then once we get the mirror off how can we attach it w/out using double sided tape. This seems like a horrible design. I can't image what would happen if mirror was to fall off while someone is opening or closing cabinet door.
Camper is under warranty but I'm tired of running camper to service. It's been in the shop more than out. Just got it back Friday and took it out this weekend to find the mirror issue.

ParrishCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:39 PM   #2
You can try using fishing line in a back and forth sawing motion behind the glass. Just make sure someone is holding the mirror.

2016 Ford F150 Scab - 3.5 Ecoboost HD Tow - Roadmaster Active Suspension - Equalizer 12K WD Hitch

2016 Jayco 28BHBE - Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C

Marcm157 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 07:44 PM   #3
Gorilla Construction adhesive will fix that and we use it for anything that doesn't need to be screwed in our Jayco--and the inside temperature in storage is typically 120 F on a hot day, but it holds.
Construction adhesive is typically used for vanity mirrors in homes.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:01 PM   #4
I fought this problem on my last 2 Jaycos. My answer was to take the medicine cabinet door off it's hinges and mount it upside down and let the mirror slide back down. I then put a very small screw on the bottom to keep it from sliding past the bottom again......Sounds stupid but it worked.......twice.
2014 Jayco Jay Flight 33RLDS travel trailer, 2005 Chevy 2500 Duramax diesel with 60 gallon auxilary bed mounted fuel tank, Honda EU3000 generator.
Roy W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:08 PM   #5
The Redhawk we bought had the same issue when we took delivery. They have ordered us a new one under warranty but seeing these makes me believe it'll just happen again.

If so, I'll do as others suggest and use fishing line and heat to separate the mirror and reattach it with something like liquid nails.
2017 Jayco Redhawk 29XK
2015 Wrangler JKU
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Avail Tow Bar & Protect-a-Tow
RViBranke2 w/TPMS
drk98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:15 PM   #6
I looked at two eagle fifth wheels on local dealers lot, one mirror was on the floor broke and other one was about to fall off. Can't believe Jayco would use double sided tape to hold a mirror on, what's next bubble gum?
vicchap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 08:21 PM   #7
Be careful what type of adhesive you use, if its not made for mounting mirrors it may eat the silver off the back of the mirror. If the fish line idea doesn't work try picture frame hanging wire it is stronger, faster, and won't break.

Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote