Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-28-2016, 09:50 PM   #11
I have the 2016 Jayco White Hawk 24MBH. It has a large slide out, and the extra wide main entrance door, plenty of room for my family double bunks, queen murphy bed, and the extra storage capacity that the 23MBH doesn't have. We bought ours from camping world and I negotiated down to 22,000 ish with my own bank's financing. Might be something you want to look at. Remember that all model are approximately 3 feet longer than advertised to allow for the rear bumper and the hitch/tanks/battery setup.

Hawkfire27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 01:14 AM   #12
I will give you my experience - which is my recommended method not only for trailers, but any large purchase of a vehicle as well.

Last fall I ordered a new trailer. I decided the configuration I wanted, then I called every dealer in 4 states and had them email me a quote. I took the lowest quote to my local dealer (also via email) and told them I'd buy through them if they could match it. They came within $500 of the lowest offer (which would have been the pricetag for me to pick it up a few hundred miles away), so I went with them.

The Sticker Price was $46,600 (which included $1000 bogus dealer charge). I ended up buying it for $29,600 out the door. That's >36% off of the sticker price. A little less if you discount their bogus dealer fee.

If you buy one off the lot, I doubt you will get such a deal, but with patience (took me about a week to get all the quotes, and another 9 weeks before the trailer arrived) and tenacity you can get a very good deal.

I would not negotiate with them face to face. I hate negotiating with salespeople and would too easily lose my cool and walk away. That's way too stressful for me. Instead, it was almost entirely via email, so I have the whole thread in writing. When I finally met them face-to-face it was to come in and pay a deposit on an already negotiated price. No BS, no bickering, no stress - best price.

2012 RAM 2500 Megacab Laramie Diesel
2016 Jayco Eagle 284BHBE
ProPride 3P WDH
ecksdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 08:00 AM   #13
Originally Posted by rob27ma View Post
I assume either of these trucks would be sufficient for towing a travel trailer in this weight range?
Don't assume anything. Look at the actual numbers and do the math. Every truck/trailer combo is different.

2009 F350 CC LB 4WD
2017 Jayco 355MBQS
Rustysocket is offline   Reply With Quote