Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2016, 12:33 PM   #1
Power awning not working.

We have a 2016 Eagle and this weekend I couldn't get my awning to extend. My husband and I checked breakers and fuses, and check to make sure I was getting power to my switch, but could never figure out our problem. We are currently parked at our seasonal spot (once pulled in and set up, it's a pain to pull out) so I tried to figure out how to extend and retract the awning manually, but the owners manual was no help. This is our 1st electric awning and we are clueless! Anybody have any ideas as to what our problem may be, or know how to manually operate until we pull out in November and can get it in for repair? I'm thinking it is a Dometic

Lessmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 12:43 PM   #2
The motor has a shunt, it's the brake for the system. Try holding the switch in the out position and then pull on the awning (two people) to see if it will move out. The switch contacts have to be out of the center off position to break the shunt/brake.

No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar. Abraham Lincoln

2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2016 F350, 6.7, 4x4, DRW, long bed
B & W Companion 5th wheel Hitch
eldermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:29 PM   #3
If you have the Dometic 9100 the procedure for manually retracting is fairly complex and states "Once the procedure is followed the unit must be brought in for servicing before it can be used again".

I tried uploading the Manual but I can't due to size. PM me an address and I will email it to you.
2016 Ford F150 Scab - 3.5 Ecoboost HD Tow - Roadmaster Active Suspension - Equalizer 12K WD Hitch

2016 Jayco 28BHBE - Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C

Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote