Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-07-2018, 10:36 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
We arrive at the Fort 3 Jun. Who’s used the online check in? I assume once that’s done and we have our magic bands we will go thru the “returning guests” lane on arrival and skip the “toll-booth” check in lanes. Will we get a loop/pad assignment prior to arrival?
My days are already starting to feel “magical”. ��
Sometimes yes, mostly no. Very few people have gotten their site prior to arrival. Online can make your time at the kiosk with a cast member shorter.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:08 PM   #82

So 2 days after I booked my reservation for the Fort I see Disney is now charging all guests parking effective for reservations March, 21st, 2018 and beyond based on level of accommodations. $13.00-$24.00 a night. Again lowering the advantage of staying on property. My local timeshare value just went up again.

FW is now 1 complementary vehicle and all other vehicles have to pay to park is what I read. The parking will be added to your stay and settled at the end.

Hate to say it, but this may be my last trip with all the .05 and .10 that has occurred over the last 6 years, more like $50.00 and $100's.

Guess we have to pay George Lucas!

The mouse just has to win!

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 02:41 PM   #83

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
FW is now 1 complementary vehicle and all other vehicles have to pay to park is what I read. The parking will be added to your stay and settled at the end.
The FORT has always been 1 vehicle per site, just not enforced. I have not heard anybody say they were charged for extra cars, just over there yesterday.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:15 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
So 2 days after I booked my reservation for the Fort I see Disney is now charging all guests parking effective for reservations March, 21st, 2018 and beyond based on level of accommodations. $13.00-$24.00 a night. Again lowering the advantage of staying on property. My local timeshare value just went up again.

Hate to say it, but this may be my last trip with all the .05 and .10 that has occurred over the last 6 years, more like $50.00 and $100's.

Guess we have to pay George Lucas!

The mouse just has to win!
While the new parking fees may hurt some people, from what I understand Disney Land has been doing this for sometime already along with Universal Studios in Florida and California along with many other Hotel properties. While I may not agree with it, I am sure they have reasons for it such as trying keeping guest at Disney Parks rather than staying at a Disney property. Probably thinking it will discourage people from leaving the property and of course other reasons I am sure are for the bottom line. Lot of new changes going on with Star wars land, toy story land, and I heard Epcot main pavilion area is slated for whole new face lift. The parking fees do not apply to DVC members or annual pass holders, so not sure how many times you visit Disney or how big your family is but it may be worth getting an annual pass if you visit one or more times a year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
MadJoker TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:26 PM   #85
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadJoker TX View Post
The parking fees do not apply to DVC members or annual pass holders, so not sure how many times you visit Disney or how big your family is but it may be worth getting an annual pass if you visit one or more times a year.

This may not be applicable to many, but we have found that Disney is really attempting to push people toward the annual passes. We always stay for 10+ days when we visit. In the past, we could buy a 10+ ticket in advance (we attempted but were never able to add additional days before we arrived) and then if we wanted to visit a park for an 11th day or more, we could go to Concierge desk and purchase additional days at a sharply discounted rate. Starting a year or so ago, they began not discounting those additional days. And if I am doing the math correctly, adding just one additional day at the non-discounted price adds up to almost their charge for the annual pass.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:36 PM   #86

I enjoy Disney but they are just getting to expensive. Our last trip to the Fort with air for two, trailer rental, 7 day hopper tickets, and no high priced meals cost us about 5k for a week. I can think of many other places to go for that kind of money and not have to fight crowds and eat crappy food all day. Plus they have been so slow to add new attractions so its the same old thing over and over.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 04:42 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post
This may not be applicable to many, but we have found that Disney is really attempting to push people toward the annual passes. We always stay for 10+ days when we visit. In the past, we could buy a 10+ ticket in advance (we attempted but were never able to add additional days before we arrived) and then if we wanted to visit a park for an 11th day or more, we could go to Concierge desk and purchase additional days at a sharply discounted rate. Starting a year or so ago, they began not discounting those additional days. And if I am doing the math correctly, adding just one additional day at the non-discounted price adds up to almost their charge for the annual pass.
Same here we stay 10 plus days each time as well and we found it cheaper to just get the annual pass.

Old 03-30-2018, 05:22 PM   #88
Site Team

Quote:
Same here we stay 10 plus days each time as well and we found it cheaper to just get the annual pass.

I may still end up doing that this year. We are going for 11 days in early August and we may end up with a short trip in June. If so, I'm going to inquire about just upgrading to the annual pass.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:30 PM   #89

Anyone know if the Fort supports using your own cable modem for internet? Read some places that this was the case at one time and wanted to see if it still works as this would be more reliable than WiFi that may be spotty in areas.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:33 PM   #90

Quote:
Anyone know if the Fort supports using your own cable modem for internet? Read some places that this was the case at one time and wanted to see if it still works as this would be more reliable than WiFi that may be spotty in areas.
Nope. They spent "mucho bucks" and saturated the FORT with wifi towers. When that happen the internet signal was removed from the cable system. Prior to the towers you had to have a cable internet modem which they supplied, there was no wifi at the sites.
Attached Thumbnails
20160203_135303 (1).jpg  
Old 04-06-2018, 06:36 PM   #91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Nope. They spent "mucho bucks" and saturated the FORT with wifi towers. When that happen the internet signal was removed from the cable system.

Okay thanks that is good to know. Check in next Sunday and will be there until the 29th so if anyone is visiting at this time let me know and we can meet up or something.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:42 PM   #92

The fort has the best wi-fi system money can buy. It was just like being at home using wi-fi, I was amazed at how fast it was.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:42 PM   #93

Quote:
Okay thanks that is good to know. Check in next Sunday and will be there until the 29th so if anyone is visiting at this time let me know and we can meet up or something.
PM me your site number and we'll try to stop by, only 25 min away.
Old 04-06-2018, 06:43 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
PM me your site number and we'll try to stop by, only 25 min away.

Will do!
Old 04-16-2018, 08:31 AM   #95

Made it to the Fort yesterday, first day in the parks today and it is cold and windy.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:45 AM   #96

Quote:
Made it to the Fort yesterday, first day in the parks today and it is cold and windy.
Have a "Magical Time"...
Attached Images

Old 04-16-2018, 09:15 AM   #97
Site Team

Man I can't wait to get there in the summer. Enjoy your trip.
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Old 04-16-2018, 02:44 PM   #98

Do they still have the spare tire covers in the store? My daughter has christened our new trailer Mickey and have been looking for Fort Wilderness cover with Mickey on it.

Haven't had any luck.
mammut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 02:53 PM   #99

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammut View Post
Do they still have the spare tire covers in the store? My daughter has christened our new trailer Mickey and have been looking for Fort Wilderness cover with Mickey on it.

Haven't had any luck.
They had them a few months back, try this number for the Meadows Trading Post
(407) 939-5277, they will usually ship most items.
Old 04-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #100

There a couple weeks ago.
Attached Thumbnails
RoyalFamily5K2013559_zpsea9c3812.jpg