Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2018, 10:06 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
We heard the Mouse is short of $$$ so we’re gonna take him some this June.
Ft. Wilderness check in procedure??
Our g’son, son and DIL May arrive before us. The reservation is in my name. Will they have any issues getting in before we arrive?
The Bride and I visited FW a couple of years ago and I don’t remember stitch about the check-in procedure. Help this ole geezer out. ��
They've changed the way you get there to make it easier. You used to go through the main DW gate and then take a right. Now they've made sort of an exit ramp before you turn. Makes life easier while towing.

You just pull in, show the guard your ID (why, I don't know. He doesn't check it against anything), then pull straight ahead. The check-ins are drive through. So you just pull up, they check you in, give you your site # and send you on your way. The golf cart pick up is right there next to the check in. If you reserve one, you can pick it up at 1pm.

The first time we checked in, there were only a few others coming it. This last time, I've never SEEN so many campers bunched up together. So just be prepared that check-in could take up to 30 minutes or more if there are a bunch of folks in line. But it is certainly nice that you just drive through.

As far as your kids getting there first. If they are in a separate site, I'd call and just let them know. They can probably make a note. Even if they can't check in without you, there is an overflow lot. They can park there are tour the campground while they wait.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:15 AM   #62

Also (and this is brand new), if you have a day when you absolutely have to get to a park or somewhere else early or in a hurry, they've started a new service through Lyft called "Minnie Vans".

You sign up for Lyft and then go into the main desk and ask them to connect you for the Minnie Van service. After they connect you, when you open the Lyft app you'll see the polka dot Minnie Vans on the app. It's a $25 flat fee to go anywhere in the park. But they are really nice cars and it's much much faster than waiting for a bus.

Yes, it's expensive. But what isn't while you're there???

We used it once to go from the Fort to Epcot on an early magic morning. That way we were able to get in line before the buses started running and we were right at the front. We were able to ride Soarin' and Test Track twice without waiting in line at all and without a fast pass and that made the $25 look like a good investment to me.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:31 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewat View Post
Also, if you pick a loop you want, you can send a fax (look on fortfiends for the contents of the fax) a request for a certain loop and some other requests about 5 days before you arrive. I've done that both times and gotten exactly what I asked for both times.
Anybody have a copy of the fax template and the current fax number? in the interest of keeping everything in this thread?

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 10:48 AM   #64

I have it at the house...won't be able to post it up until sometime this evening tho...unless someone can do it sooner.
Old 03-02-2018, 10:59 AM   #65

Courtesy FORTFIENDS.net

Fax #: 407-824-3508

TO: Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground Site Assigner

Address

SUBJECT: Site Request for Month xx - xx

RE: Reservation # xxxxxxxx

I am really looking forward to my stay at the Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground and am writing about campsite requests. I do understand that these are only requests and cannot be guaranteed.

If possible, I would like a site in Loop xxxx with a site that will accomodate the following: (list your "stuff" here) and near (whatever you want to be near).

Thanks so much for your help, and once again I'm really looking forward to my visit to Ft. Wilderness Resort and Campground.

If you have any questions, I can be reached at xxx-xxx-xxxx or by email at

Sincerely,

Your name here
Old 03-02-2018, 11:02 AM   #66

Thanks much !

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:15 AM   #67
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewat View Post
Also (and this is brand new), if you have a day when you absolutely have to get to a park or somewhere else early or in a hurry, they've started a new service through Lyft called "Minnie Vans".

You sign up for Lyft and then go into the main desk and ask them to connect you for the Minnie Van service. After they connect you, when you open the Lyft app you'll see the polka dot Minnie Vans on the app. It's a $25 flat fee to go anywhere in the park. But they are really nice cars and it's much much faster than waiting for a bus.

Yes, it's expensive. But what isn't while you're there???

We used it once to go from the Fort to Epcot on an early magic morning. That way we were able to get in line before the buses started running and we were right at the front. We were able to ride Soarin' and Test Track twice without waiting in line at all and without a fast pass and that made the $25 look like a good investment to me.
I'm assuming that this replaces the "Express Transportation" that Disney was testing last summer. It was great. Paid a fee and there was a direct bus that took you from park to park bypassing security. It was well worth the cost. But, you could tell by the few people using it, that it wasn't going to be a permanent fixture.

Side question for all of you. All the times that we have gone to Disney, we have stayed at the resorts and used Disney transportation. Is it possible per say to just use your own vehicle to drive to one of the theme parks for example and park there instead of taking the Disney transport?
2015 MB Sprinter 2500 Passenger 2.1L Diesel
2007 Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins 5.9L G56

Midnightmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:32 AM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post

Side question for all of you. All the times that we have gone to Disney, we have stayed at the resorts and used Disney transportation. Is it possible per say to just use your own vehicle to drive to one of the theme parks for example and park there instead of taking the Disney transport?
Yes, but parking fees apply, which are north of $15 now. When we had passes, we would drive to the different parks from FW, except for MK as the boat ride is easy and quick.
Shall36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:40 AM   #69
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shall36 View Post
Yes, but parking fees apply, which are north of $15 now. When we had passes, we would drive to the different parks from FW, except for MK as the boat ride is easy and quick.
Thanks

Old 03-03-2018, 07:50 AM   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shall36 View Post
I saw somewhere that if you stay at the any Disney resort, that parking at theme parks are free. We planing a trip in August and DW plan on driving to theme parks.
mod: Dimming awning
Dimming Floor light
Shocks
Custom bike/kayak rack
SOMBATFAMILY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 07:59 AM   #71
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOMBATFAMILY View Post
I saw somewhere that if you stay at the any Disney resort, that parking at theme parks are free. We planing a trip in August and DW plan on driving to theme parks.

For years when we check in to the resorts, they give us a parking pass to place on our dash. I've never tried to drive to any other area and park. I wonder if that gives you free parking access.

The reason I am asking is that there is a possibility that we may have a handicapped family member with us on our trip this year for a short time. Even though the Disney transport system is handicap accessible, it is so much easier just to use our own van.

Old 03-03-2018, 08:29 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmoon View Post

Yes you can drive and park at any of the parks, parking is free if you are a guest at any Disney resort.
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 08:30 AM   #73
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
Yes you can drive and park at any of the parks, parking is free if you are a guest at any Disney resort.
Excellent. Thanks!!

Old 03-03-2018, 08:42 AM   #74

You no longer get a paper pass however your Magic Band is scanned at the parking kiosk.
Old 03-03-2018, 08:52 AM   #75

The best place I have found for Fort Wilderness info and questions is https://www.disboards.com/forums/cam...sney-world.24/
Its a forum setup just like JOF, lots of great people that can answer any question related to camping or just Disney World in general
Sundancer330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 09:28 AM   #76
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
You no longer get a paper pass however your Magic Band is scanned at the parking kiosk.
Thanks

Old 03-03-2018, 09:30 AM   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancer330 View Post
The best place I have found for Fort Wilderness info and questions is https://www.disboards.com/forums/cam...sney-world.24/
Better info at www.fortfiends.net

They also put together the Fort Site app that has site sizes and pics.
Grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 09:57 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
We were just there two weeks ago. When we drove through check-in, they put a paper parking pass in our windshield.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:38 AM   #79

We arrive at the Fort 3 Jun. Who’s used the online check in? I assume once that’s done and we have our magic bands we will go thru the “returning guests” lane on arrival and skip the “toll-booth” check in lanes. Will we get a loop/pad assignment prior to arrival?
My days are already starting to feel “magical”. ��

2013 F-350 CC SB 2WD 6.7PS
2013 Eagle Premier 351 RLTS
-SOLD- 2012 X23B
-SOLD- 2003 Ford Expedition 5.4, Bilstein shocks
RedHorse1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:27 AM   #80

As far as I can tell, the online checkin really doesn't work well for the campground. You'll likely need to go through the drive-thru.

It's possible that, if you wait until actual checkin time, you will see your site assignment on the disney app on your phone. It does eventually show up there. But, when we checked in at 1pm, it was not there and I had already done the online checkin. It didn't show up until after we physically checked in.