Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-28-2021, 10:56 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funengineer View Post
This ^
Most manufacturers advertising stipulates their right to change equipment specifications.
And that is the "Rest of the Story"...Right on 99% of RV web sites and in their brochures.
Old 12-28-2021, 11:08 AM   #42

Part of the issue is what is very important to one owner may be very unimportant to another. The OP for example mentioned that a convection microwave is substantially less expensive than a conventional. To me it's a couple hundred dollars and a feature I'm not likely to use. I wouldn't have given it a second thought. To the OP it's a major deal. I'm also guessing it's a minor swap for the dealer. Knowing up front there was a substitution allows all three parties to work it out.

There have been other threads about TV substitutions. In one the tv that was included was an inch smaller. I don't full time and never had a TV in any of mine so I'd rather negotiate a sub for something I would use. Again, no big deal to me, but I understand someone else getting upset.
Old 12-28-2021, 08:36 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL9001 View Post
You're simply not going to walk away from a trailer that you ordered and waited months to be built and delivered. By that time it's too late to start over again and hope for better results.

Jayco knows this. Their attitude is take it or leave it. They know you're most likely not going to walk away and ruin all of your travel plans over a few missing items.
He did not order this trailer. If I ordered a trailer and it came in without some of the stuff I ordered I would tell the manager either put it in or I want money off or order me the trailer we want. I know people that have done that and the dealer did everything in his power to make it right. If the dealer did not want to do anything then the door swings both ways, after you get your money back. The trailer people can change things at will.
2018 Jayco Jayfeather 27 RL, 2002 Ford excursion, v-10, 3:73 gears 4x4 mine. 2020 Buick Encore Hers, Retired Air Force, now Retired.
Parcany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 07:14 AM   #44

Fine, order a dodge ram with a high output turbo diesel and 4:10 rear and have it delivered with a standard diesel and a 3:73 rear and have them tell you to bad and you still have to pay the full price. Would you like that.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 08:34 AM   #45

That example seems a bit different than a $500 microwave versus a $300 microwave. I wouldn’t order a Ram truck knowing those terms. Knowing they may sub a smaller water heater wouldn’t stop me from ordering. But if it stops you from buying new, no problem, there are always great used units available and you know exactly what you are getting.
Old 12-29-2021, 06:47 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
That example seems a bit different than a $500 microwave versus a $300 microwave. I wouldn’t order a Ram truck knowing those terms. Knowing they may sub a smaller water heater wouldn’t stop me from ordering. But if it stops you from buying new, no problem, there are always great used units available and you know exactly what you are getting.
I understand your point, but my point is it’s not disclosed. I ordered my Northpoint with the Sana con system. If the unit was delivered without one and I still had to pay for it I would not be happy. I have 50 gallon holding tank’s if they weren’t available and they put 35s or 30s in its place and said too bad I would be mad. My point is they could substitute all I want, just have the courtesy to tell people before they buy it and find out that they didn’t get what they paid for.

Traded: 2018 RAM 3500 DRW, 4X4, 4.10, 6.4 Hemi, Curt A20 hitch, Tire Minder

2018 North Point 315rlts with most of the options.
JohnWedell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 05:16 PM   #47

it has always been '' which ever comes first " time or milage
Pooh bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2022, 05:23 PM   #48

OSrdered a 382 with the disc brake upgrade which was suppose to have 17.5" Goodyear tires. Trailer arrived with 16" chinabomb tires. I refused delivery until the proper tires were installed on trailer. Took another month to get Jayco to do that. I never have had china tires on my last 3 trailers and will not now. Glad to have it home now and getting it ready for the next season. Hope to see some of you on the road.

NEWS4US

Joe
NEWS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 08:30 AM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWS4US View Post
OSrdered a 382 with the disc brake upgrade which was suppose to have 17.5" Goodyear tires. Trailer arrived with 16" chinabomb tires. I refused delivery until the proper tires were installed on trailer. Took another month to get Jayco to do that. I never have had china tires on my last 3 trailers and will not now. Glad to have it home now and getting it ready for the next season. Hope to see some of you on the road.

NEWS4US

Joe
Smart. I saw far too many travel trailers on the side of the busy highways with blowouts on my way to FL from NE. Having good tires is a must. I would never trust a Chinese tire.
HAL9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 09:03 AM   #50

I ran the 15” Rainier tires for about a year and a half, no problem but replaced them with Maxxis M8008.
Old 01-28-2022, 10:08 PM   #51

Josh at Haylett RV did a video on this. He basically said peeps may look at a brochure and order it but instead of X it came with Y. Its because thats all they could get. He gave another example of how they were to come with TV's and didnt. The dealer had to run to Best Buy and buy 20 tv's
Old 11-23-2023, 12:16 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16WhiteColly View Post
Easy solution, stop buying Jayco units!
That's the route I'm taking when I buy my next one. A different manufacturer may not be any better, but at least I won't be repeating a mistake with a manufacturer that clearly does not deserve my repeat business.

Jayco had multiple opportunities with me to "make it right", and failed. They chose short term gain over long term customer satisfaction.
cmikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 12:21 PM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMTEX View Post
Josh at Haylett RV did a video on this. He basically said peeps may look at a brochure and order it but instead of X it came with Y. Its because thats all they could get. He gave another example of how they were to come with TV's and didnt. The dealer had to run to Best Buy and buy 20 tv's

The OP clearly stated things were on the window sticker (as-delivered) that were not inside the RV or different inferior parts were substituted. This is not a case of the brochure or web site stating "we can substitute", it's a case of the "as-built" sticker lying to you, and lying to you in Jayco's favor, not yours. Imagine that. Jayco not being truthful. Shocking.

If Jayco had to substitute a smaller water heater or inferior microwave, that should have been indicated on the MSRP sticker. It wasn't. Bait and switch.
cmikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 11:24 AM   #54

Good points. You have a right to be upset and you should be made whole. As far as the water heater tank capacity my 2019 34G says it came with a 10 gallon tank. I have not checked and assume it’s 10 gallons and it works fine. We have had multiple adult take showers one after another and never run out of hot water. That’s only on electric heat. We took a rental RV up to Alaska a few years back and it had a 6 gallon tank. I ran the propane and electric heat at the same time when multiple adults took morning showers and that worked fine.
DonC757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 11:45 AM   #55

Regarding "Window Stickers" and my aging memory. I don't remember seeing any RV's at a recent RV show with Window Stickers from the factory. What I remember is printouts by the selling dealer that may be taped to a window or perhaps laminated (or not) and laying on the table. Do new RV's being sold even have a Factory Window sticker with the VIN and all installed components and options listed? I will say I haven't purchased a new RV in over 15 years, but I have purchased ~6 of them in my life and can't remember that any of them ever had a window sticker like a new truck has (perhaps they did and were removed by the selling dealer), but again, I may simply just not remember. Next time I go to an RV show I will look more closely and see. ~CA
Old 12-15-2023, 06:21 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
Regarding "Window Stickers" and my aging memory. I don't remember seeing any RV's at a recent RV show with Window Stickers from the factory. What I remember is printouts by the selling dealer that may be taped to a window or perhaps laminated (or not) and laying on the table. Do new RV's being sold even have a Factory Window sticker with the VIN and all installed components and options listed? I will say I haven't purchased a new RV in over 15 years, but I have purchased ~6 of them in my life and can't remember that any of them ever had a window sticker like a new truck has (perhaps they did and were removed by the selling dealer), but again, I may simply just not remember. Next time I go to an RV show I will look more closely and see. ~CA
You're correct, no window stickers. The sheet that the dealer prints out is all we've seen in close to 40 years. When we bought our 08 SENECA it had upgrades the dealer did not know about, nor were they listed on the sheet due to a mid year production change. One was an 1,800 watt inverter vs 400 and the other 4 batteries vs 2.
Grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 07:07 PM   #57

When we bought our Jayco in 2017, there was a sticker very similar to the auto Monroney labels, in a clear sleeve on the table. It listed the standard equipment, upgrades, add-ons and costs for them. It had the MSRP etc. Kinda helpful.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 06:01 AM   #58
Site Team

I bought mine new in 2012 and there was a sticker in the unit. Pretty complete.
Attached Thumbnails
94455C77-1558-4416-ADEB-FA3550240648.jpg  
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 09:29 AM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by norty1 View Post
I bought mine new in 2012 and there was a sticker in the unit. Pretty complete.
Probably just my memory then as I don't remember seeing one but perhaps they were always there after all. ~CA
Old 12-21-2023, 03:20 PM   #60

We bought a new 2022 Jayco Alante in Jan 2023. The workmanship was sub par. Wires hanging loose and not behind trim, several systems were inop (refrig and Winegard) and electrical misfiring. It took about 9 months of trips to our dealer to get everything working and I had to eat some of the costs that Jayco refused to fix under warranty
Scheber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jayco, ladder, microwave, water heater