Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-16-2020, 11:52 AM   #1

Dreaming. Go West, how about you?

Being Canadian we are limited to our RV travels this year. Our plans had been to head to eastern Canada, but we have enjoyed revisiting our home province new and past favourites.
As I sit here watching baseball GO Jays I started day dreaming about where we will go next summer. As we don’t know what next year will bring I thought we would plan to go west. West because we have family there and we could visit and look at mountains and just drive across Canada (its big) BUT if life is better our go west would be
South Dakota (have family here as well)
Come up to Calgary,Banff,Jasper, and take the nail biter across to BC. As we are just dreaming at the moment but if we head west and cross those Rocky’s and we are allowed then why not travel south to Oregan as we hear lots about it and somewhere around here are some big redwoods I believe and we should see these, then across to Yellowstone and head home?? If we get home in great time dream some more and go down east. I mean we are retired!!
Just dreaming but where would you go when life settles down ???
Happy newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 11:57 AM   #2

I'd just head west and be in no rush to get anywhere.
Old 08-16-2020, 12:02 PM   #3

Wish it were possible to just go and not have to bother with reservation.
Happy newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 01:34 PM   #4

O back to the Yukon.. We have been West twice in the last five years and never made a reservation in the summer. Our unit is small enough and we don't demand services. We loved Jasper NP and there is space in Snaring Overflow( its is better than the regular campground) with wonderful views. No reservations. We liked Provincial Campgrounds in the Yukon . No reservation.

Hopefully in January we will head to Death Valley via Arizona and camp in National Forests enroute. Then perhaps up to Oregon along the coast and back to Vancouver BC. lovely city. That could bring us to April ( but that here is a very bad snow month and may be so too coming back through Winterpeg)

Just wandering. The Yukon in winter..um no. The Stewart Cassiar Highway in BC is fabulous but makes the Alaska Highway look like an interstate.

We were hoping to get to Newfoundland again this year but they don't want anyone outside the Maritimes.

When we can go there the 500 miles of the Trans Labrador Highway is a must for us. One town.

2021 GMC Canyon
2021 Jayco 212QB
WDH ; Anderson
2012 Honda Ridgeline not towing anymore
2016 195 RB traded in
Kim Gass is offline   Reply With Quote