Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-15-2016, 03:32 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Bsikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 256
Enchanted Rock State Natural Area, Fredericksburg, Tx

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	134.8 KB
ID:	22657Great times!!
__________________

__________________
Brian, Michelle, 2 boys and Sadie Mae the beagle
2010 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 5.7L
2015 Jayco White Hawk 33BHBS Summit Edition, Glacier Package
Equil-I-Zer WDH
Bsikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:44 PM   #2
Member
 
JMack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 35
Nice!!!!
__________________

__________________
Tim & Jackie McCormick
San Antonio, TX
2014 Whitehawk 27RBOK
2015 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax
JMack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:52 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,190
How was the RV park you stayed at? It's the new one just outside Fredericksburg on 87, right? Quiet Creek RV Resort? I drove through last time we were out there. I decided next time we're out there, I'm staying at Lady Bird Johnson. I drove through there too, and it's pretty nice.
__________________


2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:10 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Bsikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
How was the RV park you stayed at? It's the new one just outside Fredericksburg on 87, right? Quiet Creek RV Resort? I drove through last time we were out there. I decided next time we're out there, I'm staying at Lady Bird Johnson. I drove through there too, and it's pretty nice.
QC RV Resort is new. Opened in October 2015. Really nice place. Only issue I have is that I sunk a little on my slide side. Crushed granite for pads. It was a little soft after all the rains recently. Just enough for the water in the shower to run on the floor a bit.

I would definitely stay here again. Moving on tomorrow to North Austin.
__________________
Brian, Michelle, 2 boys and Sadie Mae the beagle
2010 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 5.7L
2015 Jayco White Hawk 33BHBS Summit Edition, Glacier Package
Equil-I-Zer WDH
Bsikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 04:57 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsikes View Post
QC RV Resort is new. Opened in October 2015. Really nice place. Only issue I have is that I sunk a little on my slide side. Crushed granite for pads. It was a little soft after all the rains recently. Just enough for the water in the shower to run on the floor a bit.

I would definitely stay here again. Moving on tomorrow to North Austin.
Yeah, that crushed granite can be a little tricky when wet. It'll be a nice little park when all the trees come in. It looked like the people really wanted to put something into it.

We stayed at Oakwood RV Resort last time, and I won't stay there again. Not that it was overtly bad, it was just bleh. And we even had a "premium" site. There are better places to stay IMO, especially for the money.

I love E-Rock for the backpacking. Not a lot of hard or technical trails, but definitely enough to get your feet wet and have a good time. That place was FULL when we were there, and with the weather we had, I can tell you I would NOT have wanted to be in a tent on the backside of the rock that night!! It was so windy it blew my sewer hose off it's holder. Luckily I battened down the hatches the night before, so that and the cap dangling in the wind were the only ills we suffered.

Where are you staying in N. Austin? Nice weather this week, but it's supposed to rain tomorrow, and thankfully get a little cooler!
__________________


2014 Jay Flight 28 BHBE
2015 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI, Tradesman 4x4, 3.73
Blue Ox SwayPro (BXW 1503)

Upgraded from an REI internal frame backpack and a Eureka 1/2 dome tent!
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:06 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Bsikes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Midlothian, TX
Posts: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
Yeah, that crushed granite can be a little tricky when wet. It'll be a nice little park when all the trees come in. It looked like the people really wanted to put something into it.

We stayed at Oakwood RV Resort last time, and I won't stay there again. Not that it was overtly bad, it was just bleh. And we even had a "premium" site. There are better places to stay IMO, especially for the money.

I love E-Rock for the backpacking. Not a lot of hard or technical trails, but definitely enough to get your feet wet and have a good time. That place was FULL when we were there, and with the weather we had, I can tell you I would NOT have wanted to be in a tent on the backside of the rock that night!! It was so windy it blew my sewer hose off it's holder. Luckily I battened down the hatches the night before, so that and the cap dangling in the wind were the only ills we suffered.

Where are you staying in N. Austin? Nice weather this week, but it's supposed to rain tomorrow, and thankfully get a little cooler!

We tried two places before we found this one. Booked in January. The first two places were already booked. They are doing a nice job here at Quiet Creek. I wish them all the best!!

Enchanted Rock was cool. I tried to post a few pics from it but it didn't work well from my phone. We got there around 8:30am and they closed the entrance at 11:30am. Park is big enough for people, they just don't have the parking spaces.

My parents live in a class A in Georgetown and we'll pull up beside them in our TT for a few days. My brother and his family live not too far away in Cedar Park.
__________________
Brian, Michelle, 2 boys and Sadie Mae the beagle
2010 Toyota Tundra Crew Max 5.7L
2015 Jayco White Hawk 33BHBS Summit Edition, Glacier Package
Equil-I-Zer WDH
Bsikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2016, 10:33 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Andrews
Posts: 3
I'm glad it's not under water there, we picked up our new jay flight last weekend in Austin and it rained a bunch from San Angelo to marble falls
Derek7042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 01:15 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
 
Rustic Eagle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,370
I was at Enchanted Rock a couple weeks ago, was a great day for a hike/climb.





Bob
__________________

__________________

2016 GM 2500HD 6.0L/4.10
2018 Jay Flight 24RBS
2005 Jayco Eagle 278FBS (retired)
1999 Jayco Eagle 246FB (retired)
Reese HP Dual Cam (integrated sway control)
Rustic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.