Originally Posted by Dave A
Years ago! I'm much older and wiser now, I decided to sanitize my water tank. I couldn't remember how much bleach it said to use and rather than go look, I dumped the whole gallon in. Oh My! I flushed that sucker out numerous times and it took all afternoon. Pretty sure it was extremely clean. I can remember how much to use now!
, I feel your pain, and I only had a small pinch of it!
I purchased a new jug of bleach a few years back. For like 3 years in a row, I could not figure out why my water lines tasted of bleach, even after an insane amount of flushing. It was like this all season, I just could not clear the bleach taste (we normally go out a couple times a month). The last year I used that jug, I read the label a bit closer along with a google search. Found out it was a high concentrate bleach solution, something like 2-3 times the normal concentrate. I am sure everything was killed, including my desire to drink the water. Bought a new jug last year, and boy, the sanitation process was a lot easier, and a whole lot less flushing, and the water actually tastes good again.
I could not imagine how much flushing it would take to clear the taste from a whole jug down the FW tank.