Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-12-2020, 09:28 AM   #41

Since my wife's school closed first of March we headed to visit her 3 children and 3 grandchildren. Had a reservation at a campground near Tampa but when got there it was a dump. Looked around and found one that we were able to get the last pull through that would work for us. They were closing that day. Everything there was closed, all parks and beaches. We mainly visited her daughter and did site seeing driving around. Was good to get to a warm area and did find a trail we could run. Trip was good for us but some would have been upset with all closings.
gymracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 09:43 AM   #42

Hope your plans can eventually take off...keep in mind Cda-Usa borders closed, both ways, except for essential travel, at least until early May. I know, to many of us rv'ing should be considered essential travel. The following is a joke...don't go all crazy.... I was thinking you might buy a box or two of latex gloves and say you're "delivering" them to Alaska...take care, stay safe.
atmago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 06:50 PM   #43

Saw this today..... Made me laugh.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1571.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	237.8 KB
ID:	57788
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 07:24 PM   #44

I have the exact same RV and love it. Only get to see it at the storage unit as we all wait out this Virus. But looking forward to the future. Whether it be this camping season or 2021. Most important we all survive all of this.
JimM86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 08:55 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxLoser View Post
Saw this today..... Made me laugh.

Attachment 57788
That's a good one! IIt's just ignorance by those who set the rules on this who probably know nothing about the camping lifestyle. For the health and sanity of the citizens we need to be able to get out in the fresh air and recreate now more than ever.

I really feel sorry for the full timers who are being driven away and no place to go. I have spent about 3 years full timing, back in the 80's and again in the 90's chasing work as a construction electrician. Can't imagine what they are going through now!
eagle55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 02:26 PM   #46

Cancelled camping

Yes, we were supposed to leave on our first trip in our TT this coming Saturday for the Outer Banks in NC, Virginia Beach and Myrtle Beach.
Need to figure out an interim trip once these times get somewhere back to normal. Want to head west in the early fall but need to put in some trial time with our TT.
Stay hopeful!!!!
Rhody51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 03:05 PM   #47

For Bill29456
Re: Harvest Hosts I've only been to a few but I would think that generally they aren't wheel chair friendly. The places I've been to were in parking lots or fields and dry camping. This isn't to knock them, each place has been interesting and enjoyable but not really oriented towards RVs.
Jim Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 02:36 PM   #48

I'm happy we went camping 2 weeks before California started closing everything down... Wish we could go out now. I'd love nothing more than to go to my favorite campground where there's no cell service or WiFi to sit there and listen to all the bad news
Old 04-17-2020, 02:54 PM   #49

We just learned that our Memorial Day weekend reservations are cancelled because VT isn't opening things up yet. Will be the first time in 20 years that we miss a Memorial Day camping weekend. Hopeful that things relax in the next month or so provided people follow the CDC guidelines. This virus is the real deal.
dljs1941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 03:06 PM   #50

Yeah, we're itching. I just got new tires and a few other things. the state extended Stay at Home until May 26th. And it's looking like our May trip is cancelled due the county where the CG is closing the private CGs until May 26th. There's a big push by small business in WI to get the powers that be to take a balanced approach to reopening instead of keeping things closed until the end of May. So we're hopeful that we can go. Next trip is in June. If that doesn't pan out we have to wait until Sept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle55 View Post
That's a good one! IIt's just ignorance by those who set the rules on this who probably know nothing about the camping lifestyle.
Well, yes and no. I do agree camping is great social distancing. The trouble is most of the places people go are low population areas with limited medical facilities that can barely handle the local population.

As frustrated as I am about our May trip probably being cancelled, I understand the county's concern for the limited number of beds, something like 24 critical care beds for the whole county. Think about thousands of people descending on the area Memorial Day weekend.

That's what flattening the curve is all about, not stopping the virus (because you can't) but to slow things down and giving health care a fighting chance to keep up with it.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 09:10 PM   #51

We keep replacing things in my Jayco. Started with the water heater then the air conditioner then new gray water valve then the black water valve what a mess that was! Never again. Then new faucet and sink in the bathroom then the same in the kitchen then the out side light. Then new day night shades. Now I am broke and it never left my yard!
campersam9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 11:14 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by campersam9 View Post
We keep replacing things in my Jayco. Started with the water heater then the air conditioner then new gray water valve then the black water valve what a mess that was! Never again. Then new faucet and sink in the bathroom then the same in the kitchen then the out side light. Then new day night shades. Now I am broke and it never left my yard!

Thank you for stimulating the economy.
Old 04-22-2020, 11:36 PM   #53

Quote:
Can totally relate. We ended up gutting our lol. Tore both closets and the built in desk out of the bedroom. Replaced all the faucets and the showerhead. Lol then decided to paint all the walls and cabinets. Gotta buy 2 new battery and a new inverter then we will be road ready. Everything happens for a reason.
S.H.M.I.L.Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 11:39 PM   #54
Site Team

Quote:
You're not really broke...you only redirected funds meant for campsite fees, and fuel, to upgrades on your camper.

The other bright side is, you didn't have to wait for an appointment at your dealer, it's not stuck there because they're shut down, you saved gobbs of money not paying for labor, and the best of all is, you know the work was done the way you'd want it to be!

Howwazzat??

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:29 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown View Post

Well, yes and no. I do agree camping is great social distancing. The trouble is most of the places people go are low population areas with limited medical facilities that can barely handle the local population.

Not to argue, I'm sure it must be different in other areas but our nearest hospital in Juneau AK is finding itself in dire financial shape, laying off or cutting staff hours and nearly empty beds. I have heard this going on in many places. Lots of reasons including elective surgeries are canceled due to the virus threat but there are no big CV19 outbreaks here that hospitalization is needed.

My only reason for mentioning closing the parks was for concern for the full timers who other than their rigs may find they have no place to go. That would be truly scary.
eagle55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 12:43 PM   #56

Today I ordered a back splash for behind the stove. This week will pick up my new tires.
We will stay in Florida west coast for a month. Need to give our trailer a good test. If it works out we may bs spending more time in it on the way home. We will be retired no rush!
Old 04-23-2020, 04:14 PM   #57

Going to take our trailer to our sons house and camp out in is backyard this weekend.
Less than ten people so I dont see a problem.
mokurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 04:57 PM   #58

My grand kids are going to camp out in our backyard this weekend also. We got our kids hooked into rv lifestyle now the grand kids.
Old 04-23-2020, 05:33 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikayles View Post
Got this brand new Eagle 319 MLOK and our camping reservations have all been cancelled. Anyone else with the cant camp blues.
Itching isn’t close. I have hives!!! We signed papers on our 2020 Jay Flight SLX 287BHS March 14th. Brought it home in a snow squall on the 21st. Got our first cancellation for April 24-28 on March 30th. I have seven trips booked and paid for through October. Now down to six. Please pass the itch cream.
JDug66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2020, 06:55 PM   #60

We booked fort wilderness for the first two weeks of April. We got a refund! My wife and I are booking a winter vacation. For the month of January. We just don’t know what this year will during. To have a new trailer and not be able to use it is worse.