Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-31-2018, 08:47 AM   #1

Leaky shower

The shower leaks. The floor and shower pan move up and down as we walk around but the door track stays put. This opens a 1/16 gap where water leaks out. How do you think they will fix this? I have attached a video.
dishow2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:08 AM   #2

video

can't upload video
Old 01-31-2018, 11:19 AM   #3

It sounds like you have a very similar issue to many others as posted in these forums over the past year or two.

Here is one such discussion;

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...eak-52720.html

Best of luck getting everything fixed.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 08:01 AM   #4

Ours was missing some sealant around the bottom edge. Another place the sealant worked it's way loose. I just applied a wide bead of clear sealant and it hasn't leaked since.
Maggie, Old English Sheepdog
vcbice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 07:08 AM   #5

leaky shower

A Jayco dealer service center fixed a leaky fitting and added some caulk. The real problem is the floor flexing that much. Not many sealants can take that much stretching for long.
Old 02-03-2018, 07:29 AM   #6

Can you access the area under the shower? We have a small 8"x8" access panel that slides open. If you can see under the shower pan, you will see there is a piece of 3/8" plywood supported by some cut 2x4's stood on end. Might be easier for you to just try to get a few more installed in there as your significant other moves around the shower to see where it flexes the most.

Our stand up shower leaked around the bottom door rail when new. I grabbed a small tube of clear silicone and sealed it up.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 07:34 AM   #7

leaky shower

The underside of the shower can be accessed by removing a false wall in the basement. I haven't done that because of the warranty. I have gotten a cell phone on a selfie stick under there it from what I can tell it is dry.
Old 02-04-2018, 08:07 AM   #8

For me, I will make any repairs I can even with warranty. I know for a fact it will be done right if I do it. Sometimes the dealer is in a rush or simply misses the small repairs. I won't haul the camper to the dealership just for a single or simple repair. I wait until there is a list. If the repair is beyond what I can do, then it goes to dealer. Once warranty is off, I do all repairs.

2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 03:41 PM   #9

The first thing I did to my shower was to place blocks of styrofoam under the shower floor. My floor was stable, but I wanted to make sure it stayed that way. My shower wall did leak water at the bottom from day one. The technician made 3 unsuccessful attempts to stop the leak. On the 4th attempt the leak was stopped. The technician that fixed it was was ME. Sometimes if you want something fixed, you have to do it yourself.
Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote