Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-25-2022, 09:10 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
kirkelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: ridgecrest
Posts: 1,026
RV Park Vacancy's gong up or down???

We used to stay in multiple RV Parks until it became impossible to make an RSVP and prices skyrocket. We started going to State Parks and Boon-Docking resorts. Lately i've been getting emails from the RV Parks we used to visit asking to book RSVP's and with discounts. I went to some of their booking websites and noticed that many have vacancies throughout the year including busy holidays. Is anyone else seeing this pattern evolving??
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 09:51 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
THE MEEKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Western New York
Posts: 586
We frequently camp in many of the state parks here in New York, usually 4-5 trips per season. We had alot of trouble getting our favorite sites in 2020, a little better in 2021. This year we had no trouble at all getting reservations on our favorite sites in NYS Parks and we are all set this season.

Many people who bought RVs on an impulse are now regretting it and/or have no interest to go camping anymore. I wager there will be an abundance of 1-3 year old RVs for sale this spring.
__________________
2015 Jayco Jayflight 27RLS
2012 Ford F-150
2001 Fleetwood Terry 28x
1996 Viking Pop-up
1979 Coleman 8 man cabin tent
1967 G.I Joe (hasbro) canvas pup tent
THE MEEKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:46 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Marine71-76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 700
We tried to make online reservations in November for Memorial Day weekend at our favorite campground. Nope...not going to happen this year. Even sent an email for confirmation. Oh well. Instead going to Missouri for 3 weeks at no cost camping.
__________________
Dennis & Donna Dohme
2016 36FBTS Pinnacle
2008 F450
USMC Veterans (both of us)
Marine71-76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:50 AM   #4
RPR
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Location: Owens Cross Roads
Posts: 2,778
In our area RV storage is at a premium. There is a waiting list even before the new storage places are complete. Thank goodness our daughter and son in law have 5 1/2 acres 1 1/2 hours from us with a RV pad where we keep ours.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:14 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southwest Florida, 250 due N of Havana
Posts: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
We used to stay in multiple RV Parks until it became impossible to make an RSVP and prices skyrocket. We started going to State Parks and Boon-Docking resorts. Lately i've been getting emails from the RV Parks we used to visit asking to book RSVP's and with discounts. I went to some of their booking websites and noticed that many have vacancies throughout the year including busy holidays. Is anyone else seeing this pattern evolving??
That's interesting and surprising. Any vacancies in Florida, other than July and August will be welcome.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 11:31 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
kirkelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: ridgecrest
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheGo View Post
That's interesting and surprising. Any vacancies in Florida, other than July and August will be welcome.
Florida is not on my near future radar, wish it was but just to darn far away from home, here in Calif.. Wife works under contract and has to be within a limited range of home base while she tele commutes. Florida is the beautful 'Sunshine' State and i can imagine everyone and their uncle wants to be there..
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:15 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Murff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: State of Confusion
Posts: 4,669
If you plan on visiting the Seattle area, you will find there are few RV parks in the area. One of the oldest and largest, the Kent KOA, has closed. Most of the others nearby have fulltimers taking up the space.

Murff
__________________
Murff

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears
Andersen WDH

"YEEEEE-HAAWWWWW!!!!!"
Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:26 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Brunswick Hills
Posts: 760
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
Florida is not on my near future radar, wish it was but just to darn far away from home, here in Calif.. Wife works under contract and has to be within a limited range of home base while she tele commutes. Florida is the beautful 'Sunshine' State and i can imagine everyone and their uncle wants to be there..
Been there, done that and got the shirt. The only time I go there is to buy a vehicle or RV from an estate sale. Most kids don't want their parent's stuff, they want their money. So do 99% of the bums and thieves that live there and there's a lot of 'em..
__________________
Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want.

"We'll be friends until we're old and senile,....then we'll be new friends."
muckinfuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 12:45 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
kirkelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: ridgecrest
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
If you plan on visiting the Seattle area, you will find there are few RV parks in the area. One of the oldest and largest, the Kent KOA, has closed. Most of the others nearby have fulltimers taking up the space.

Murff
I saw that in Oregon in 2020.. Full-timers were taking up a lot of RV Park spaces and many of those spaces looked like junk yards. Especially around Grants Pass, Klamath, Rogue River, Coos Bay. Didn't see it as much further north near Telemook & Clatsob
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 01:49 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Southwest Florida, 250 due N of Havana
Posts: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirkelli View Post
Florida is not on my near future radar, wish it was but just to darn far away from home, here in Calif.. Wife works under contract and has to be within a limited range of home base while she tele commutes. Florida is the beautful 'Sunshine' State and i can imagine everyone and their uncle wants to be there..
They do; and then many leave. The 3 90's is a popular expression here: For at least 90 days you have at least 90 degrees, and at least 90% humidity.

I hope you get here, and I would like to see the giant redwoods.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 02:55 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
kirkelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: ridgecrest
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheGo View Post
They do; and then many leave. The 3 90's is a popular expression here: For at least 90 days you have at least 90 degrees, and at least 90% humidity.

I hope you get here, and I would like to see the giant redwoods.
Giant Redwoods are beautiful. Never can get enough or get tired of that magnificent beauty
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 03:09 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 2,335
We called it the double 100s in South Texas. One hundred days in a row over 100 degrees.
__________________
2017 JayFlight 21QB
2021 Ford F150 SCrew 3.5 Eco, 157, 3.55, Tow Pkg
TaftCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 04:41 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
kirkelli's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: ridgecrest
Posts: 1,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaftCoach View Post
We called it the double 100s in South Texas. One hundred days in a row over 100 degrees.
Boy, that makes me feel better living in the Southern Calif Desert.. At lest we dip in the mid 90's once in awhile.
kirkelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:41 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: In a house
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MEEKER View Post

Many people who bought RVs on an impulse are now regretting it and/or have no interest to go camping anymore. I wager there will be an abundance of 1-3 year old RVs for sale this spring.
This, I agree with. Even the camping shows I used to see on the cable sites no longer are aired.

I think the RV trend was much like the motorcycle craze. It was hot once, but motorcycles have dropped in popularity.
__________________


2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:45 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: In a house
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by muckinfuss View Post
Been there, done that and got the shirt. The only time I go there is to buy a vehicle or RV from an estate sale. Most kids don't want their parent's stuff, they want their money. So do 99% of the bums and thieves that live there and there's a lot of 'em..
I live in Florida, and kind of like the rep you quote above, as it might keep the "Q-tips" at bay. I no longer live in central Florida, as it was the worst there, with all the wally world parks that attracted folks in.

Not sure of the "bums and thieves" though...
__________________


2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 03:28 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
camjam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: SW Fl
Posts: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by muckinfuss View Post
Been there, done that and got the shirt. The only time I go there is to buy a vehicle or RV from an estate sale. Most kids don't want their parent's stuff, they want their money. So do 99% of the bums and thieves that live there and there's a lot of 'em..
Hey buddy, I might qualify under the 99% of bums and thieves, but I resent you including my wife and kids.
camjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 10:21 AM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: Farmington
Posts: 209
I'm RVing in Central FL right now. I booked my four-month stay over 4 months in advance at a "luxury" RV resort. People were saying even then it would be hard or impossible to get a reservation. It wasn't. It took me just a few hours of looking online before I found a nice place. Had no problems getting a reservation.

Been here for about a month now and I see plenty of empty spots. People come and go daily, so if you wanted to stay for a few months it might be somewhat difficult to book really late, but if you did, the worst that might happen would be you might have to move to different sites in the park now and then to accommodate people who booked specific sites, but it would probably still be doable.

I'm fairly certain that if I arrived in this park today and told them I want to stay a few months, they would be easily able to accommodate me.

As far as Central FL being undesirable because of the theme parks, just book at a resort about an hour away. Plenty of excellent resorts in very quiet, rural areas. It takes me less than an hour to go to Orlando and I'm having a great time. So much to do here, you're never bored like many places I've been.

As far as "bums and thieves", I haven't had any issues. Bums and thieves exist everywhere, why single out Central FL? It's been a lot of fun here and I'll be back next year.
HAL9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 10:31 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
bucko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: In a house
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPR View Post
In our area RV storage is at a premium. There is a waiting list even before the new storage places are complete. Thank goodness our daughter and son in law have 5 1/2 acres 1 1/2 hours from us with a RV pad where we keep ours.
We are blessed. The wife and I bought our finally "forever home" on a half acre of land. No homeowners organization, everyone keeps their house and yards nice, and with a big long driveway, my Jayco Greyhawk is parked off to the side of the back driveway. We can easily packup in a minutes notice, and head out.


Now to just find an open slot at a campground of choice...
__________________


2005 Jayco GreyHawk Class C
2007 Ford F150
bucko is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.