Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-14-2019, 04:38 PM   #21

I was told that a sudden loss of normal pressure,2llbs I think would cause the tank to shut off.
The Doghoues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 07:54 AM   #22

We find that if we are traveling in the MH and it is cold inside, the cab heater seems to keep the whole unit warm enough. But, since we do what we call, "chasing 70" we seldom get into that problem, unless in the mountains, then the cab heater is usually enough.
1SGPETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 07:59 AM   #23

I have seen those black spots on the sides of the highway. I always thought that "how can that many cars suddenly ignite". I drive a MH but never thought that that was the cause of the black spots.
Puts a whole new twist on it.
1SGPETE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 10:19 AM   #24
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1SGPETE View Post
I have seen those black spots on the sides of the highway. I always thought that "how can that many cars suddenly ignite". I drive a MH but never thought that that was the cause of the black spots.
Puts a whole new twist on it.

Go search Google images for "car fires". After looking at all those pictures, you'll understand how often that happens and how big of "black spot" gets created. When tens of thousands of cars and trucks pass along a highway every day, a few will have issues.
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2019, 06:01 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picinisco View Post
The question of running the propane refrigerator while fueling is eternal. it is such a small flame that it is probably not an issue, however running the furnace is a different matter. This is a flame thrower in comparison.
It is illegal to fuel a vehicle at any gas station anywhere in the world with an open flame of any kind. Propane fridge and heaters as well as pilot lights in the oven can be extremely dangerous .. also as much as a 10000$ fine
Nitehawk is offline   Reply With Quote